What is your favourite Depp Movie?

PirateAngeline PirateAngeline

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

So many favs from Edward Scissorhands to Jack Sparrow it's difficult to pick one out really. If I had to pick I would need to say Pirates was my fav.

One of my favorites.... The Aesthetics of Sleepy Hollow

Sleepy Hollow remains one of my all time favorites.  Ichabod Crane has stood out in my mind beyond the likes of Benny, Edwards 1 & 2, Gilbert, and even our beloved Jack simply because of his genuine contrition and phobic courage.  Ultimately it is the endearing transition of Ichabod from awkward school teacher with little to no depth of reason and virtue to courageous and lovably quirky constable which ensured my lifelong appreciation for Depp and his circle of inspired co-creator conspirators.

Having a closer look with specified lenses does surely reveal a masterpiece comparable to the likes of Hitchcock himself....

The characterization of Ichabod is a redeeming stretch into the old American Tradition of Brute vs. Brain which reaches even further into validation of the natural and indigenous rites of ancient wisdom in balance with scientific reason to most effectively challenge the limits of rationale itself.  As a Kentuckian there is a great measure of personal identification with the use of the Cardinal in this movie.  Anyone from Kentucky will tell you how the small minded social intricacies here overwhelm and outweigh considerable intellegence and progress as intellectual reason surpassing pure opinion and self-effacing neurosis.

All too often the self-induced uncertainty of half-baked logic is unfounded and pervasive when it comes truly face to face with the vast sub-atomic universe.  Such realizations lead anyone to seek an assured faith in teacher, leader or well-founded master of some skill and series of logics... choosing the system and reason which is connected with documentable elements and sustainable progress are the best course in keeping ones head.  It is this which Ichabod was able to do and do with good stead in Burton's Sleepy Hollow.  Specifically the willingness of Depp and Burton to honor the mystical and magical as equilateral considerations in the world of science and societal justice likely drew more credibility where others thought it lost in the camps of Disney, Nickelodeon and Warnering Brothers as opposed to Brothers Grimm.

The excitement and invention in this version of Sleepy Hollow increased by the merit of one of the most spirited supporting casts to master and seal their roles in the world of macabre and the verity of the course of that which makes for good film sealed my belief that the vision of Mr. Burton combined with the artistry of Mr. Depp have secured this film amongst top of all time classics in my world as both artist and author.  The film as a whole is a culmination of break-through strategies which placed it head and shoulders above long drawn out re-capitulations of classics or entirely original narratives seeking to rebake the thicket of melodramatic plot and thematic content.  Where was there a wrong turn taken??? Nowhere.

But this is not the primary victory of the film itself... the film likely inspired any who might be teetering on the edge of freakish fascination with the dark world of humor and exploration to take heart and follow the pioneers of full truth as opposed to a life of superficial gladhanding.  Full justice was served and defined in this movie with regards to the truth of the mystic world and also the ability of science to remain open to pure phenomena as a reflection of a creation larger than ourselves.

The film even in its closing reveals a vision of mastery which recalls classic paintings of the time....

Your commentary and exploration of the elements of this film is sure to inspire and induce relative interest in further perfecting future film productions in my opinion and thus I hope each of you will see this as a collaborative effort to up the ante of a purse worth wagering!  What did you love about this film and what did you learn from its well crafted series of revelations??
Johnny Forever Johnny Forever

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

I have loved Johnny , ever since 21 Jump Street.My fav. Movie is The Man who Cried.But Captain Jack Has stolen My Heart!!!!!!!!!I love Johnny for being so talented, creative, one of a kind. Johnny loves life,and he embraces all he can .I love the fact that he can play guitar.Johnny is so  nice to his fans. I admire Johnny for being the Best at all he does.A Great Father, a wonderful man to Vanessa ,and a True person.thanks, Johnny Forever

Your favourite Depp Movie?

Glad to have you join us here ... your dream seems quite real and not unlike the sentiment that many here share at the site.... As you may have noticed in the Project News there is a place for John's fans as a part of his production and public appearances to be sure... but keep in mind to be respectful and understand that the man has to sleep, eat and rest sometime before you start snapping off the photos!

As a welcome to you and your love of the film 'The Man Who Cried', I just wanted to share a review of it that I posted some time ago. Click here and Enjoy!

By the way... you can call me Kristin or TRE or radical... personally I like radical.. not sure what to call you for short as opposed to calling you JohnnyForever... would it be ok if i called you 4ever or J4eva .... To be honest the folks here know me to be a little silly on the familiarity side of things... let me know what you think
Liz Liz

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

Lots of favorites not enough time to go throught them all. Sweeney Todd, Jack Sparrow, George Jung, Edward Scissorhands, William Blake & Rochester come to mind preety quick but there is more. :0)
kerryann kerryann

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

Like all his moves but one of my favorites is secret window. All that matters is the ending.
alicehatter alicehatter

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

Alice In Wonderland is my favorite but I also like all Pirate movies...........:)
lovindepp lovindepp

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the caribbean :))
jenny jenny

Re: What is your favorite Depp Movie?

Most of them i like which are my favorites except the libertine.
april april

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

I would have to say Edward Scissorhands is closest to my heart but there are many others that I love including. Sweeney Todd, Blow, Donnie Brasco, From Hell, Secret Window, The Libertine (fantastic performace by depp), Don Juan & not forgetting the lovable Jack Sparrow.
Iheartdepp Iheartdepp

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

Sweeney Todd is the ultimate move favorite and best movie he has ever made.

I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know.... Sweeney Todd

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

Yes... ST... always be.... ST... you have convinced me that he was robbed.... Thank you for the Trailer to remind me of that which I loved so much but saw at a bad time in my life... silence... exile.... cunning.... Bravo my friend... Bravo

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

I never thought about putting a trailer in my signature.. love the background pic.
lauradepp lauradepp

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

Pirates of The Caribbean, Sleepy Hollow,  Secret Window & Charlie in The Chocolate Factory are some of my favorites and the ones I own. :)
Kate Kate

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

So many to choose from but I like his earlier movies better like Don Juan, Dead Man, Benny & Joon, From Hell. I love Jack Sparrow & Sweeney Todd in his more later roles.
radical e. radical e.

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

ah... a dead man fan... after my own heart if you know about that one... care to strike up a thread and discuss william blake??  of course the next free block of 15 minutes for me will be 12 hours from now... alas poor yorick... he had a job that worked him to the bone.... hahahahah
michel91 michel91

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

Johnny Depp is my favorite actor of all time and recently I was going through a list of animated films and discovered a film called “Rango” in which Depp voices the title character who is a chameleon.
12