What is your favourite Depp Movie?

This post was updated on .
Of all the movies Johnny has done what character of Johnn'y did you fall in love with? for me it wa Don Juan and i think the moment I fell in love with Johnny Depp and still do to this day. Look at his mouth, those lips just make me swoon. Checkout this wonderful music video from youtube.

DeppandDance DeppandDance

Jack Sparrow

This post was updated on .

I first noticed johnny in sleepy hollow but it was not until this scene in
Pirates of The Caribbean that I became addicted to Johnny.

"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid".
Libertine Libertine

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

 The Libertine was Johnny's best performance to date. he is simply amazing in this movie. Personally i feel he was ignored for this performance which outweighs many of the oscar nominated films to date.
"you must acquire the trick of ignoring those who do not like you. In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: The stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years time. The envious, never".

What Johnny Depp Movie Made You A Fan?

Although I had heard of Depp it was his Jack Sparrow that made him stand out and for me his best character to date with Sweeney Todd coming in at a close second

Re: What Johnny Depp Movie Made You A Fan?

I would have to say Sleepy Hollow got me hooked on Johnny Depp so I have kind of followed his career since then but it was his performance as Jack Sparrow that really blew me away although I love most of his movies.

Re: What Johnny Depp Movie Made You A Fan?

I became a depphead with Edward Scissorhands just watching him act with his eyes was classic. My absolute favs so far are Edward Scissorhands, Dead Man, From Hell, Blow, The Libertine, Secret Window Pirates, Charlie The Chocolate Factory & Sweeney Todd

Re: What Johnny Depp Movie Made You A Fan?

It's hard to say really because I am kind of a progressive fan. I think the character that sticks most in my mind has to be Sweeney Todd but The first time I remember seeing Johnny was in Sleepy Hollow. It was not until the late 90s that I actually saw Edward Scissorhands and then I kind of followed his career from there.

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

I honestly dont have favorite movies because each movie is meant to be about all the things you feel and discover through the eyes of those who created it. I am literally addicted to movies as a matter of using them to for self talk and silence time with some element of reference and subtle distraction which reminds me that the world is a bigger place than I imagine.

Nearly each and every Johnny Depp Movie has moved me ... some to fear and some to frankness and some to pure bliss of contemplation and gut wrenching humor ... Sleepy Hollow might be the classic which I respect while The Man Who Cried might be the most genuine but movies with characters like Sam from Benny&Joon and Edward Scissorhands lead me to have a great affection for someone who is as deep and dares to dream as much as I do.... Fear and Loathing may be the nearest and dearest to my heart given the fact that Hunter S. Thompson was a man after my own torment in this town of twisted shit.

So... truth be told... I just like John and the work that he does and I suppose that I should call him Jack but I like John and all the movies that he takes the time to grace with his presence.  If it werent for his courage then our world would be a far more drab series of half-baked imaginings with or without the Burtonesque motifs which lead us to crack a smile...

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

I love most of his movies although I must admit to the fact that anything Johnny depp does gets my attention. I think the ones that stands out the most in my mind and which gave me chills has to be The Libertine & Sweeney Todd. Having said that i admire his dare to be different by turning out fine performances in films like, Dead Man, Arizona Dream, Benny & Joon, Don Juan, Fear & Loathing, & not forgetting The Brave which I feel was so underrated in both his performance as an actor and as Director. I am sure i have missed some earlier great performances but overall Johnny is thee most talented actor of his generation. Lets not forget one of his finest and most memorable characters the gay drunk as described by disney who happens to love woman and Rum, yes you guessed it, Captain Jack Sparrow.
FamilyMatters FamilyMatters

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

Don Juan is one of my favorites among many but I would have to say Finding Neverland was the most beautiful for me. But who can resist Jack Sparrow one of the most memorable characters.

“There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love."
Deadwood Deadwood

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

Blow!
"Sometimes I wish we could just hit 'em over the head, rob 'em, and throw their bodies in the creek".

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

the movie literally crushed me given the fact that i could be considered one of the children of that sort of life...  i didnt see any depp movies after that for quite a while
Astrarose Astrarose

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

From what I have seen so far of his movies I like very much but I still have a few to go. Jack Sparrow is my favorite though
“All that matters is the ending, its the most important part of the story, and this one is very good. This one is perfect,”
candleinthewind candleinthewind

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

All the pirates movies are my favorites of all time :)
trishadepp trishadepp

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

So many favs but the one I would put at the top of my list would be Alice In Wonderland, cos Johnny gets better and better with each character
Coco Coco

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

Sweeney Todd is my favorite but i like most of his movies anyway.
Kitty Kitty

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

Pirates and Alice In Wonderland are my favs but I also like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. :)

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

I have so many favorites it really is difficult to choose. There are the one's that deserved best Oscar performance and ones that I am a little obsessed with. To make a choice between best Oscar or most obsessive is a little to difficult for me, so I am going to go with the most memorable performance which is none other than Sweeney Todd. Why? because he didn't just manage to create a character, he was able to take that character to a completely new level, which was singing.
deppaddicted deppaddicted

Re: What is your favourite Depp Movie?

My favorite movie is Pirates but only because of Jack Sparrow.

What is your favourite Depp Movie Scene?

I was thinking that I wanted to get more specific and talk about specific scenes in movies...

Because I am a sucker for romantic inspiration, I would have to say that one of the most classic moments in Public Enemies which is full of classic moments is when John is telling Billie that he is going to live to be an old man with her.  They are in a movie theatre and she is telling him that he never looks beyond today or thinks about whats waiting for him down the road.  He is so specific about how the cops are incapable of capturing them and so assured that she has nothing to worry about all the while he is wearing his sunglasses in the movie theatre and they are casting a rose colored shadow on his cheek.  I just keep thinking to myself that this must have been something someone thought about.

Of course Billie is purely romanced by his sincerity and she obviously knows that this life she has in this moment is light years better than being on the reservation in abject poverty so she gives in.  Its true.... he was a moment in her life where she was living the American Dream and defying the very forces which had likely made her life a living hell for as long as she could remember.  What's a girl to do?

Note:

One of my good friends is the grandson of Beryl Ethyl Hovius.... He laughs about how uneventful her marriage to Dillinger was in comparison to the rest of his life because for 2 years Dillinger did nothing but sit around and read the paper, drink coffee and be a devoted husband when he was with Beryl.  When it came time for him to go out and return to working life and secure a job,  he decided to just kill the grocery store owner instead.  So much for Martinsville and its small minded view of share and share alike right??

If you want to read more about the wild times of the depression era Molls and their Bad Daddies then check out these web links:

http://dillingerswomen.com/index.html

http://www.squidoo.com/john-dillinger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Enemies_(2009_film)

If you want to learn more about the bigger issues surrounding Dillinger and the Cause of the Great Depression as a part of getting more details on the book and historical references associated with it then check out this JDN Literary Pursuits Thread on Public Enemies and take a step closer to understanding how Indigenous values which come in conflict with systems of justice are a part of Depp's life long study as characterization within cultures.