What The Stars Feel About Johnny Depp!

Josh Brolin feels blessed to be friends with Johnny Depp
Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 17:22 [IST

London (ANI): Hollywood star Josh Brolin respects his friendship with Johnny Depp because he thinks the 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' star is a self-made actor who is loaded with talent to give power house performances.

The W star and Depp almost fell out when both were up for a lead role on TV show 21 Jump Street in the mid 1980s - a part Depp eventually landed. But the two actors have remained friends and Brolin could not be happier for his pal's success.

"I have more respect for that guy than for most people out there because he... has done it his own way," the Daily Star quoted Brolin as telling Playboy magazine. "He's found whatever his niche is, and it's a big one. What a f**king talent, man. Every movie I watch him in, I just thank God he exists," he added. Link

Re: What The Stars Feel About Johnny Depp!

Funny I never knew they were friends but it is great to hear some hollywood stars like our Johnny.

Iamadepphead wrote
"I have more respect for that guy than for most people out there because he... has done it his own way," the Daily Star quoted Brolin as telling Playboy magazine. "He's found whatever his niche is, and it's a big one. What a f**king talent, man. Every movie I watch him in, I just thank God he exists," he added. Link

Re: What The Stars Feel About Johnny Depp!

I like this comment from Paul Bettany.

Paul Bettany Fell Massively In Love With Johnny Depp

'The Tourist,' with two unknown actors called Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie," Bettany joked when asked to comment on the film. "[That] little indie movie… I think it was the first Paul Bettany movie they had ever been in and they were a little nervous."

"I sort of fell massively in love with Johnny Depp, who’s just one of the sweetest, funniest human beings you can possibly imagine," he added. "It’s so nice when you meet one of those people who make that much f--king cash, that you kind of go, ‘I’m really glad it happened to you.’ It’s awesome.”

Sooo... not much actual news from Bettany other than he has a crush - which makes me think he plays the villain. Still, it's good to know!

Re: What The Stars Feel About Johnny Depp!

Actors and Roles: Michael Mann counts the stars

Johnny Depp in "Public Enemies" (2009)

"We have a lot of mutual respect. I like him and I think he likes me … he and I really got to a point of complete and total rapport — this is going to sound really weird — in France after we were done and we were releasing the movie. It was a very difficult shoot. Johnny is an extremely talented guy. He took himself to some places — in some of those intense scenes — to places I hadn't seen him take himself before. He doesn't have formal acting training but has such a strong, intuitive sense of things. He reacts in very positive ways to things like hair and wardrobe, like Lawrence Olivier, who only became the character when he looked in the mirror. So Johnny has good company. He kind of comes alive with the feeling, the texture of things."

You can read the full article here

Re: What The Stars Feel About Johnny Depp!

thanks for that quote JJ... Lawrence Olivier... lots of respect for that comparison...

Re: What The Stars Feel About Johnny Depp!

I am a huge fan of  Lawrence Olivier and his work including  Pride and Prejudice,  Wuthering Heights & Rebecca. I think Johnny would be perfect for the role of  Heathcliff which happens to be one of Johnny's favorites.

theeradicaleclectic wrote
thanks for that quote JJ... Lawrence Olivier... lots of respect for that comparison...

Re: What The Stars Feel About Johnny Depp!

OMG.. I would love to see Johnny play Heathcliff that would be the ultimate role for me I love that movie.  I also heard it was one of his favorite movie too.

Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

Re: What The Stars Feel About Johnny Depp!

Is that a back handed comment or am I looking at it the wrong way.  I remember that video of him at PE premiere he looked so handsome.
“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”

Re: What The Stars Feel About Johnny Depp!

I think you are being a little sensitive.

Kit-Kat wrote
Is that a back handed comment or am I looking at it the wrong way.  I remember that video of him at PE premiere he looked so handsome.
deppaddicted deppaddicted

Re: What The Stars Feel About Johnny Depp!

I think that is a very nice compliment.

JJ287 wrote
[...]

Maybe its just the way Michael Mann is trying to grasp at values that he doesnt understand so it comes off wrong...
DeppandDance DeppandDance

"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid".
trishadepp trishadepp

Re: What The Stars Feel About Johnny Depp!

I remember the PE Premeire Johnny looked so good and was very nicely dressed

MrsSparrow wrote
People say that they did not get on but if you look at this footage it is quiet clearly the opposite.

Re: What The Stars Feel About Johnny Depp!

Yes but there are so many people that just love him...

This is what Steven Graham has to say about John Graham also worked with on Michael Mann's crime epic Public Enemies & featured in Babybird's Unlovable Music Video directed by Johnny Depp.

    "You don't sit down for a cup of tea and he talks like Jack Sparrow, he's not like that," Graham said. "That's what I love about him, you can sit and chat and he'll be talking about some kind of mushroom in a lovely dinner he had and then you say 'action!' and he just becomes Jack Sparrow.

    "Then he'll come back and say, 'About that sauce. What you need to do is add a little bit of…' It's just fantastic how he clicks into character."