Facebook    Official Website    Youtube    Twitter   GK FIlms

42 Comments

JDN JDN

THE TOURIST MOVIE BACKGROUNDS

Owner/Administrator
www.JohnnyDeppNews.Com "Only people who truly understand his art can see who he becomes through his roles".

If you have any questions or need to report abuse then please Post Your Message Here
 If you want to contact either of the administrators privately then email us at jdn@johnnydeppnewsforum.com. If you wish to contact me personally then use the contact link on JohnnyDeppNews.com
JDN JDN

Re: THE TOURIST MOVIE SCREENCAPS

Owner/Administrator
www.JohnnyDeppNews.Com "Only people who truly understand his art can see who he becomes through his roles".

If you have any questions or need to report abuse then please Post Your Message Here
 If you want to contact either of the administrators privately then email us at jdn@johnnydeppnewsforum.com. If you wish to contact me personally then use the contact link on JohnnyDeppNews.com

Beauty and the bewildered

The movie gets its sense of humor from Depp. Meanwhile, Jolie's character (here with Rufus Sewell, who plays one of her many pursuers) develops feelings for her hapless mark.

"He tells her, 'Where I come from, the highest compliment you can pay a person is to say they are down-to-earth, grounded -- and it drives me nuts,' " says director Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, Oscar winner for the 2006 German film The Lives of Others.

Next up.... The Spy who loved her

Brad Pitt says: Just accept she's better

Because the film is set in Venice, many chases and shoot-outs take place on water. "That's her really driving the boat," von Donnersmarck says of Jolie, who didn't need a hidden driver to fill in. The filmmaker was the first to take up boating on set. "I'd been practicing so long, and my driver made fun of me because she learned it so much better."

He was comforted by Brad Pitt, who said the same thing happened when they learned to fly airplanes together. "Brad said she can fly with instruments only, and he's stuck at the lower level. He said, 'You just have to accept she's better at these things than we are.' "

In the Piazza San Marco

Depp's character has a smoke after surviving the night with Jolie's mystery woman. "When we introduce the character, she is scanning all these men, and then sees Johnny sitting there, smoking right under a non-smoking sign," says von Donnersmarck. "But it's not a real cigarette. It's electronic, with water vapor delivering nicotine. She says, 'That's somewhat disappointing,' and he answers, 'Would you rather have me smoking for real?' She tells him, 'I'd rather you be a man who does exactly as he pleases.' " The director laughs: "This poor math teacher struggling with nicotine addiction ... !"

Just accept she's better

The spy who loved her

The lead Scotland Yard investigator on the case (played by Paul Bettany) is a man who has been tailing Jolie's character for so long he has fallen in love with her. His jealousy blinds him to Frank's innocence.

"Paul's character doesn't really care, because he's angry with both characters, both the money launderer and Frank the math teacher," von Donnersmarck says. "He senses that Elise is feeling something for him, so he's harsh with him even when he starts to have doubts."

Next up... In the Piazza San Marco

All Aboard

"Johnny and Angie hadn’t met, and the first thing we did was put them in a room together," says producer Graham King. His addition moved the film from just a romantic thriller to more of a comedy. "With Johnny, it was never going to be too serious," King says.

Next up...Beauty & The Bewildered

Eyes on the water, please

Depp as Frank, a widowed math teacher who wanders through Venice, trying to shake his melancholy. Jolie is Elise, a seductive stranger who sets him up as a patsy for an international crime ring.

Jolie plays the girlfriend of a money launderer chased by Scotland Yard and the Russian gangsters he robbed. Her plan: Pick a similar-looking stranger (Depp) and act as if he's the boyfriend, steering the cops and killers the imposter's way instead.

Next up.....All Aboard

Re: Eyes on the water, please

I really like this picture saw it on JDW channel. So Johnny's character is a widow which means his wife must have died.

JJ287 wrote
Depp as Frank, a widowed math teacher who wanders through Venice, trying to shake his melancholy. Jolie is Elise, a seductive stranger who sets him up as a patsy for an international crime ring.

Re: All Aboard

Johnny probably couldn't take it seriously and a romantic thriller is good.

JJ287 wrote
"Johnny and Angie hadn’t met, and the first thing we did was put them in a room together," says producer Graham King. His addition moved the film from just a romantic thriller to more of a comedy. "With Johnny, it was never going to be too serious," King says.

Re: The spy who loved her

But I thought he was massively in love Johnny.

JJ287 wrote
The lead Scotland Yard investigator on the case (played by Paul Bettany) is a man who has been tailing Jolie's character for so long he has fallen in love with her.

Re: In the Piazza San Marco

An electronic Cigarette? is this James bond...lol

JJ287 wrote
Depp's character has a smoke after surviving the night with Jolie's mystery woman. "When we introduce the character, she is scanning all these men, and then sees Johnny sitting there, smoking right under a non-smoking sign," says von Donnersmarck. "But it's not a real cigarette. It's electronic, with water vapor delivering nicotine. She says, 'That's somewhat disappointing,' and he answers, 'Would you rather have me smoking for real?' She tells him, 'I'd rather you be a man who does exactly as he pleases.' " The director laughs: "This poor math teacher struggling with nicotine addiction ... !"

Re: THE TOURIST MOVIE POSTERS & SCREENCAPS

I really like the new poster very fresh and white.

Re: Eyes on the water, please

I think I am going to enjoy this movie very much.

Re: All Aboard

They did say it would be like to catch a thief. Carry Grant played a lot of romantic comedy thrillers.

Re: The spy who loved her

We'll we know he's more in love with Johnny than Angeline.

MrsSparrow wrote
But I thought he was massively in love Johnny.

JJ287 wrote
The lead Scotland Yard investigator on the case (played by Paul Bettany) is a man who has been tailing Jolie's character for so long he has fallen in love with her.

Re: In the Piazza San Marco

Is this going to be Angelina's first attempt at comedy...has she done comedy before?

Lovindepp Lovindepp

Re: Eyes on the water, please

He looks gorgeous and so does she. :))
There's a drive in me that won't allow me to do certain things that are easy.
Lovindepp Lovindepp

Re: The spy who loved her

Tow of my favorite actors Johnny & Paul. :))
There's a drive in me that won't allow me to do certain things that are easy.

Re: All Aboard

Johnny is very good at comedy but his Sweeney Todd was out this world. I think it depends on the director he's with an maybe he could just not get serious about this role.  Looking forward to seeing it all the same.