LONE RANGER - FILMING NEWS

JDN JDN

LONE RANGER - FILMING NEWS

This post was updated on .
The Lone Ranger project is currently in development and this is all the information we have posted  thus far.

Johnny Depp to take on Tonto in The Lone Ranger

 The USC Marching Band came down the aisles, playing the William Tell Overture. As this is the theme song for The Lone Ranger, in no time at all a logo for a new film of that title appeared on the screen. The screen than raised to reveal a masked rider, brandishing pearl handled revolvers, seated on a white horse. Cook cleared the stage long enough to let them perform, then returned once things had calmed down. “I’m not sure who is going to play the Lone Ranger…” he began. As he spoke, a familiar figure swaggered in from the wings. It was Captain Jack Sparrow, wearing a simple black mask and carrying a pearl handled revolver in his waistband. As he got close, he removed the mask, revealing it was really Johnny Depp. He offered the mask and pistol to Cook, then after a few minutes, took them back and wandered back into the wings. Cook shrugged and asked, “How about another pirates movie, just for fun?”  Walt Disney Showcase

Jerry Bruckheimer On The Lone Ranger

The Latino Review had an interesting exclusive interview with Jerry Bruckheimer's talking about his current an upcoming projects including Pirates IV and Upcoming filming of The Lone Ranger due for release in 2010.

When asked questions about Pirates IV "We're in the formative stages of it. We've had a bunch of ideas, but they haven't been divided through yet."

Bruckheimer seemed more happy to talk about The Lone Ranger and when asked what kind of tone will he go for on The Lone Ranger he was quoted as saying "I think it'll have a supernatural element to it. It's the same writers as 'Pirates' and it'll have a similar kind of thing to it."

He also responded to questions about George Clooney and the Script saying; "We don't know. We have a script. We haven't given it to anyone. We're still working on it."

Bruckheimer Movie Update On Pirates 4 & Lone Ranger

During a 3D presentation about the upcoming animated film “G-Force” producer Jerry Bruckheimer was asked questions about The Lone Ranger & Pirates 4.

Jerry said it’s possible that both “The Lone Ranger” and “Pirates of the Caribbean 4” could be done in 3-D.

He also said that “The Lone Ranger” is aimed at the same audience as the “Pirates” trilogy – 10 year olds and up.
Jerry Bruckheimer also confirmed that Gore Vebrinski would not be Directing Pirates 4 and that they have not yet decided who will helm the new project.

Owner/Administrator
www.JohnnyDeppNews.Com "Only people who truly understand his art can see who he becomes through his roles".

If you have any questions or need to report abuse then please Post Your Message Here
 If you want to contact either of the administrators privately then email us at jdn@johnnydeppnewsforum.com. If you wish to contact me personally then use the contact link on JohnnyDeppNews.com

Re: LONE RANGER - FILMING NEWS

I remember reading on the blog about Johnny being at the showcase. The news exploded onto the Internet everyone thought Johnny was going to play The Lone Ranger then Disney clarified it saying the he was playing Tonto..lol

Re: LONE RANGER - FILMING NEWS

Sounds like Jack Sparrow is going to be playing Tonto..lol

JDN wrote
Bruckheimer seemed more happy to talk about The Lone Ranger and when asked what kind of tone will he go for on The Lone Ranger he was quoted as saying "I think it'll have a supernatural element to it. It's the same writers as 'Pirates' and it'll have a similar kind of thing to it."

JDN JDN

Mike Newell May Direct The Lone Ranger?

Production Weekly has announced that Mike Newell Director of Prince of Persia is in talks to direct Jerry Bruckheimer production of The Lone Ranger. Pirates of The Caribbean writers Terry Rossio & Ted Elliott’s has written the screen adaption with Johnny Depp attached as Tonto.

There has not been any official confirmation from Disney and due to Production Weekly's bad record over the past six months with mis-information it is unsure if this is accurate. It is thought that Mike Newell may be in line to direct Pirates of The Caribbean 4 but again this is rumor and nothing official has been confirmed.

Lone Ranger status has been updated to Pre-Production on IMDB and Mike Newell is listed as Director but again no official confirmation.
Posted by JDN Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz
Owner/Administrator
www.JohnnyDeppNews.Com "Only people who truly understand his art can see who he becomes through his roles".

If you have any questions or need to report abuse then please Post Your Message Here
 If you want to contact either of the administrators privately then email us at jdn@johnnydeppnewsforum.com. If you wish to contact me personally then use the contact link on JohnnyDeppNews.com

Re: Mike Newell May Direct The Lone Ranger?

Mike Newell Did Donnie Brasco with Johnny back in 1997, he has also directed Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire  & Four Weddings and a Funeral. You can read more about him at IMDB

JDN JDN

Lone Ranger Updates

Things have been rather quiet on the project with nothing solid to base opinions on. Today The Hollywood reporter is saying that Disney has it's eyes on a new screen writer for The Lone Ranger project.  Justin Haythe, who adapted "Revolutionary Road," is apparently in negotiations to take on the script..   Jerry Bruckheimer has mentioned in the past  that writers Terry Rossio & Ted Elliott had written the screen adaption but we are unsure as to why there is now a turn around. Time will tell....

Source: THR

Owner/Administrator
www.JohnnyDeppNews.Com "Only people who truly understand his art can see who he becomes through his roles".

If you have any questions or need to report abuse then please Post Your Message Here
 If you want to contact either of the administrators privately then email us at jdn@johnnydeppnewsforum.com. If you wish to contact me personally then use the contact link on JohnnyDeppNews.com

Re: Lone Ranger Updates

Do you think they were taken off or are they just to busy to do it.  Seems like Disney are taking a few steps back on this one and wasn't that they guy who was writing the screenplay for "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" ?

JDN wrote
Things have been rather quiet on the project with nothing solid to base opinions on. Today The Hollywood reporter is saying that Disney has it's eyes on a new screen writer for The Lone Ranger project.  Justin Haythe, who adapted "Revolutionary Road," is apparently in negotiations to take on the script..   Jerry Bruckheimer has mentioned in the past  that writers Terry Rossio & Ted Elliott had written the screen adaption but we are unsure as to why there is now a turn around. Time will tell....

PirateAngeline PirateAngeline

Re: The Lone Ranger Updates

Wonder when this will be made and is he gonna have the time to do it. With all these movies in development I wonder what will be up next.............
PirateAngeline PirateAngeline

Gore Verbinski To Direct Johnny Depp In 'The Lone Ranger'

JDN has just reported that Gore Vebinski is in talks to direct The Lone Ranger..

Deadline is reporting that Gore Vebinski is in talks to reunite with Johnny Depp for The Lone Ranger, an adaptation of the classic radio and TV program which followed a masked Texas Ranger, and his Native American sidekick Tonto. Disney announced Johnny would play Tonto at the Walt Disney World Showcase back in September 2008.

It is not yet known when Disney's Lone Ranger will go into production but it has been confirmed that there is a script written by Justin Haythe. Johnny recently worked with Gore on Rango which is due out in March 2011. This would be both Johnny & Gore's 5th collaboration together.  Link

I am totally loving today..

Re: Gore Verbinski To Direct Johnny Depp In 'The Lone Ranger'

It would be great to see them both worl on this project, Johnny wolrd well with Gore Vebinski.

leanne leanne

Re: Gore Verbinski To Direct Johnny Depp In 'The Lone Ranger'

I am gonna spend so much time at the movies 0*-) with The Tourist, Rango, The Rum Diary, Pirates, Dark Shadows, & The Lone Ranger. :-)))
deppaddicted deppaddicted

Re: Gore Verbinski To Direct Johnny Depp In 'The Lone Ranger'

Hopefully they will get moving on this one after Dark Shadows.

Re: Gore Verbinski To Direct Johnny Depp In 'The Lone Ranger'

Good news but when is he going to have the time to do all these movies.......lol

Re: Gore Verbinski To Direct Johnny Depp In 'The Lone Ranger'

I just have the strangest feeling that Disney is using their dance card repeatedly and that we will see Lone Ranger go into production before we see Dark Shadows roll its cameras... this makes me sad really given the fact that its all about when to shoot according to season and convenience.... If Burton was ready and the script was in place then it would really be best to stick it out at Pinewood and run headlong into the Dark Shadows prodction....

At this point it would really be a shame to roll right into the Lone Ranger (especially if the plotline is threadbare or minimally developed) and try to shoot it in an off season... I dont ever remember there being snow or winter in a Lone Ranger Episode except maybe in a mountain scene

I am pulling for Dark Shadows to be finished as a screen play... is it hope against hope??? just dunno

Re: Gore Verbinski To Direct Johnny Depp In 'The Lone Ranger'

Gotto aggree with you on that too Disney has a way of cutting in on the dance and taking control. They might see Frankenweenie as an open door to push through the Lone Ranger before he takes on Dark Shadows.

theeradicaleclectic wrote
I just have the strangest feeling that Disney is using their dance card repeatedly and that we will see Lone Ranger go into production before we see Dark Shadows roll its cameras...

Re: Gore Verbinski To Direct Johnny Depp In 'The Lone Ranger'

 well it comes down to knowing that both of the screenwriters were out of the gate at nearly the same time and usually the fastest is not always  the bestest in these matters....      if anyone can negotiate the best solution it has to be John when the chips are down...

The way I see it at present is that he can use his leverage with Disney to hold them off on pre-production of Lone Ranger as a part of pointing out the seasonal conditions until he gets a screenplay that works .... Hopefully this would be long enough to finish the editing notes and sample frames for the biopic with Richards over the winter holiday season as a part of sticking close to home while Burton locks down details of Dark Shadow pre-production and development which will also serve to buy time for its screenplay to get out of the rough.... The key is to pull together a tight crew of scenic artists and used sets which reflect the period elegantly (think touring ballet props from Nutcracker) and then storm Pinewood in a flash ...

If they can do all that then maybe we will see Dark Shadows kick off in record speed with Burton sidelining Bride of Frankenweenie until later in the year so that Dark Shadows can be a Halloween Premier.... Ranger would best be filmed in May and June in the States anyway given the heavy costuming in leather and wool

Re: Gore Verbinski To Direct Johnny Depp In 'The Lone Ranger'

Glad to hear it and if Pirates are anything to go by it should be a great movie.
lovindepp lovindepp

Re: Gore Verbinski To Direct Johnny Depp In 'The Lone Ranger'

Yeah! Johnny as Tonto good times ahead :))

Re: Gore Verbinski To Direct Johnny Depp In 'The Lone Ranger'

Well it's about time being that this was announced 2 years ago..good news though