JOHNNY DEPP: LATEST CASTING RUMORS

Re: Johnny Depp Wants Rob Marshall to Direct Him in a Thin Man Remake

Oh come on now... his splicing system of generating clones worked great for Pirates 3 but he has to keep them employed now as well ... surely you know that most of the folks around here are just clones employed happily now that they cannot be onboard the ship anymore....

Re: Johnny Depp Wants Rob Marshall to Direct Him in a Thin Man Remake

If it's what he wants to do then I'm not going to argue, except with Mrs Sparrow who seems to thing we are older than she is..

Re: Johnny Depp Wants Rob Marshall to Direct Him in a Thin Man Remake

hear here... If john chooses to clone then count me as in the
market...splice or no splice the idea of him playing me a tune after a
long day is worth selling my own mother... Matter of fact thats the 2
birds theory if i ever heard it

Johnny Depp May Be The Huntsman In Snow White>

Johnny Depp May Be The Huntsman In Snow White?

"The Wrap reports that the studio has now extended an offer to Johnny Depp to play the Huntsman in the fairy tale film, according to an unnamed source. Based on a script by Evan Daugherty, the project expands on the character, no longer making him simply be the man who lets Snow White go after being ordered to kill her. Instead the character is given added depth and a larger role, becoming a mentor to the young beauty, teaching her how to take revenge against her evil step-mother. The article does stress, however, that the prince is still the love interest. When reached for comment, Depp's representation referred the site to Universal, who refused comment. "Link

Re: Johnny Depp May Be The Huntsman In Snow White>

The Huntsman.... cant help but see that as an opportune moment to really mix up a batch of brilliance.,,, Tally Ho!

Re: Johnny Depp May Be The Huntsman In Snow White>

Among the many other casting rumors I like the idea of Johnny in this role and it seems some he may actually like.

MrsSparrow wrote
Johnny Depp May Be The Huntsman In Snow White?

"The Wrap reports that the studio has now extended an offer to Johnny Depp to play the Huntsman in the fairy tale film, according to an unnamed source. Based on a script by Evan Daugherty, the project expands on the character, no longer making him simply be the man who lets Snow White go after being ordered to kill her. Instead the character is given added depth and a larger role, becoming a mentor to the young beauty, teaching her how to take revenge against her evil step-mother. The article does stress, however, that the prince is still the love interest. When reached for comment, Depp's representation referred the site to Universal, who refused comment. "Link

Re: Johnny Depp May Be The Huntsman In Snow White>

If he chooses this role, I would love it to be a low tech approach as we saw in the Brothers Grimm film.... the more gritty and visceral the better for my sense of the huntsman and his ventures.  I suppose there is the question of the dynamics intended between Snow White and the Huntsman here as well as the Huntsman and the Wolf... oh the details
deppaddicted deppaddicted

Re: Johnny Depp May Be The Huntsman In Snow White>

I loved Snow White one of my favorite Disney movies but I am not quite getting the huntman part.

Re: Johnny Depp May Be The Huntsman In Snow White>

Well the huntsman is sort of a an allegory for the old ways as society evolves into civilized life of the castle and merchant classes,  while he remains a relic of the past and a native of the forest when it comes to understanding how Snow White survives.  Think of the huntsman as the person who never forgot the ways of nature and has seen the darkest parts of the wood.  In chinese lore you do not go 'foresting' without the forester to guide you just like you wouldnt try to climb Mt. Everest without a Sherpa.  The huntsman in the Tudor society became a more dignified man who kept the hounds and tended the game but this still required that he know the woods and the signs of the woods.

A great film to watch to understand the huntsman is the Grimm Brothers with Heath Ledger and Matt Damon... It covers elements of all the fairytales including Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Rapunzel.  Not sure what to think about the Seven Dwarves here though... the story of the little people and the Green Man might play in here somewhat.  The huntsman might also draw from a bit of the Greenman legend as well.
Kate Kate

Re: Johnny Depp May Be The Huntsman In Snow White>

I agree why the huntsman?

Re: Johnny Depp May Be The Huntsman In Snow White>

Thats a good question... some of the films we have been seeing lately have been mixing the old tales together... Could it be possible that there is also a bit of Red Riding Hood in this story?  Maybe the huntsman represents that age old figure in folklore who finds something magic in the forest and becomes enchanted??  Ultimately we could view the role of the huntsman as a worker of the evil queen who tries to help Snow White but ultimately freightens her with his wild nature.
FamilyMatters FamilyMatters

Re: Johnny Depp May Be The Huntsman In Snow White>

Not sure if I am buying into this one at all.
“There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love."

Well.... What about this one...???? Is it April Fools already??

This one was just published by Hindustan Times and it has no author...hahahhaha

Johnny Depp in Lalit Modi's shoes?

The Commissioner, a biopic based on former Indian Premiere League chief Lalit Modi has been the talk of the town for a while now. But now it seems the film may soon become the talk of the world as the producers plan to go global with the venture.  The film will follow the former chief around the world

After actor Shah Rukh Khan refused to do the role, there were talks of Ajay Devgn being approached for it. However, don't be too surprised if it's the elusive pirate Johnny Depp who plays the former chief's role in the film. Perhaps, it's the actor's skill to do slippery characters that got him into consideration for the role.

Percept Pictures, who initially were sole producers, have now inked a deal with two major business houses headed by close friends of Modi. Interestingly, Modi himself has been very interested in the project so much that he wants to turn co-producer for the film.

"All I'll say at the moment is that two corporate houses are on board with us to produce. The Commissioner as an international project," Shailendra Singh of Percept confirms. "And yes, Lalit Modi is interested in the progress of the project," he added.

But that's not all! Apparently, when Modi heard the plans of the films he rang up the head of one of the producers for the project to say, "Wait a while. The climax of my story is yet to happen,"

(I AM CERTAIN IT IS ALL FLUFF)
FamilyMatters FamilyMatters

Re: Well.... What about this one...???? Is it April Fools already??

These casting rumors are getting worse seems like there are a few people out there with some screws loose.
“There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love."

Re: Johnny Depp May Be The Huntsman In Snow White>

Just a little update on the Huntsman and Snow White Release discussion based upon what was quoted at WRAP.com
to get this whole rumor thing on better footing.  Apparently Universal is proposing a Dec.21st 2012 release date which noses right up to the release date for the HOBBIT... is it a bluff or some sort of leverage move?? Who knows...

What I do know is that I was just reading about the Huntsman Option and there it was plain as day... the specific involvement of the Huntsman with the Wolf.  I knew that I wasn't just making it up and even though I erased nearly 4 sentences out of this most recent post talking about the role of the Wolf and the Huntsman and referencing something or other which explained Snow White's fear of the Huntsman that drives here deep into the woods... its clear that there is something to this whole Wolf and Snow White after all.  Here is what I wrote recently:

theeradicaleclectic wrote

Thats a good question... some of the films we have been seeing lately have been mixing the old tales together... Could it be possible that there is also a bit of Red Riding Hood in this story?  Maybe the huntsman represents that age old figure in folklore who finds something magic in the forest and becomes enchanted??  Ultimately we could view the role of the huntsman as a worker of the evil queen who tries to help Snow White but ultimately freightens her with his wild nature.
This is what I just read:
“The story features an expanded role for the Huntsman, who in the original story lets Snow White go after being ordered to kill her in the woods. In Daugherty’s script, the Huntsman is haunted by a white wolf that killed his wife, and there’s a pervasive sadness about the character that makes the void in his life feel quite real.”

Someone else is going to have to figure out timelines and rewrite details... Halloween has tuckered me tired...

Here we are again.... Back in all the old familiar places???

Most recently I read an article talking about how John will take up living within the confines of a tribe to get a sense of native american authenticity when it comes to preparing for the role of Tonto  here is the link... just click

As of late one wonders about more than just the sitings of Johnny even his fan sites are getting outlandish with strange scenarios and parallels... It looks to me like there is an all new Johnny Depp News page on Facebook starting up right alongside the old page on Facebook.... Have yourself a looksee... and see what you think.... Here it is site they are also doing photo of the day :  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Johnny-Depp-News/141041792586262 ....   its actually very confusing the way JDZ and JDN have the similar parallels really... nice

Clearly there are many things that go on as a part of managing ones Fame and Career we do not see and are not really going to hear about so much as see once the real work is completed.... the best part remains the fact that outcomes show real work and productive ideas which can be revisited time and time again as tried and true method of functioning processes.  Anything less is pure derivative value added for the sake of embellishing extenuated perception.  Discussion can be productive and ideas exploration can be eye opening to options and yet the active ingredient is really what someone like John or Tim or Jerry really decide to commit their budget to when its all said.

Re: JOHNNY DEPP: LATEST CASTING RUMORS

Johnny may still be in this. It looks like the movie is being delayed according to variety and according to Internet rumors Johnny is still Interested.

Bigelow, Boal shopping international thriller
Potential production unlikely to affect sked of 'Triple Frontier.'

By JUSTIN KROLL
Variety.com

Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal are shopping an international thriller that would likely film before the fall 2011 start of Paramount's "Triple Frontier." Sources said the new indie project is timely, tapping into recent news events.

No script is ready yet but the plan would be that Boal would pen the script and Bigelow would direct.

No one would give details, other than to say it concerns black ops and is based on a true story that has appeared in printed form.

The two, who won Oscars for "Hurt Locker," are hunting for financing for the low-budget thriller. The duo are out of the country and did not return phone calls.

It's a similar approach to "The Hurt Locker," which cost just over $10 million, so Bigelow and Boal are accustomed to pulling together a film quickly on this budget level.

"Triple" is still on track, but since that project has a lot of moving parts, the duo decided to do a fast indie in the interim.

In recent months, "Triple Frontier" has caught the eye of such stars as Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks and Will Smith, who have all shown interest at various times.

Insiders have said that Hanks is committed to the film and Depp would also like to do it, but has committed to doing Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows" as his next film.

Altogether "Triple Frontier" has four major roles, so doing a smaller film first will allow them to find the right fit for each role and allow time for negotiations and scheduling.

The new project is not likely to affect "Triple."

Situation is similar to when Clint Eastwood had downtime when "Flags of Our Fathers" was in post-production, so he used the time to film the fast and modestly budgeted "Letters From Iwo Jima." Barry Levinson did something similar while waiting for the bigger-budget "Sphere" to begin, shooting the comedy "Wag the Dog" right before "Sphere."

Bigelow is repped by CAA, Boal is repped by CAA and Management 360.