JOHNNY DEPP: LATEST CASTING RUMORS

Mark Twain Mark Twain

Re: 'Triple Frontier' With Paramount Pictures is gonna be a Rough Rider

I say no!.. not worth the danger,as you can see its already ruled with yes from public opinion and that right there stands to say NO WAY..
I really feel that Johnny would be much better off going with his first instinct on this, thats to rap pirates up and start on something that he was passionate about, and that is Dark shadows!!!,

Re: 'Triple Frontier' With Paramount Pictures is gonna be a Rough Rider

gotta love this humble person....

here is your reward.... enjoy!

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

From MTV...

Johnny Depp Joins 'Sleeping Dogs' Casting Discussion

The film about organized crime along the borders of Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil has five big roles and two really big roles, one of which Depp could see himself playing, according to sources speaking to Deadline. As anyone who's seen Depp's current list of rumored and pre-production projects knows, however, he has a thick stack of work on his schedule that would require time travel and cloning to complete. He's reportedly open to finding a way to make Bigelow's film work, but it doesn't sound like it's going to be easy.

What is easy is seeing that Paramount and Bigelow are trying to build an Oscar contender from the ground up right now. Depp doesn't have a little gold guy with his name on it yet, though, and going toe-to-toe onscreen with Hanks under Bigelow's direction could provide a perfect storm of conditions for him to break into the nomination ring once again.

Would a Hanks/Depp pairing get you into a theater to see "Sleeping Dogs"? Do you think it will be an Oscar contender? Let us know in the comments and on Twitter!

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

And this is why I think Johnny should take the role.

MrsSparrow wrote
 Depp doesn't have a little gold guy with his name on it yet, though, and going toe-to-toe onscreen with Hanks under Bigelow's direction could provide a perfect storm of conditions for him to break into the nomination ring once again.
Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

This would be a much better role & challenge for him compared to the Riddler. I know he has a lot going on but if he can make it work then he needs to do it.
“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

Johnny can play absolutely. anything in my book but I do agree that this would be  a great role for him to take on.

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

The real point of getting the golden guy here is that if you seen Bigelow's film style and understand that Hank's has always pulled the award even when casted with several leads then you will know that the role is going to be tightly portrayed the way he wants it portrayed so that he can act his method off of it... the only person who ever one an award along side Hanks in a production was Gary Sinise and he had to get his legs cut off to do it.... Look at Gary now... back on Television and no films in site.... take it for what it is...

Its an industry film about drugs and no matter what kind of bad guy they ask John to play or what sort of corrupt partner role he is offered or cast into there will be a more ethical and longer living partner in Hanks... We may as well see Hanks as the new John Wayne or Robert Mitchem when it comes to playing out any of these war movie roles.  Bigelow is very much of the staunch industry director who gives no allowance for character either... look at Hurt Locker... for all the awards given in that film not a single one was for an actor and clearly every one of her 'justice' themed movies thrives on the verity of police authority... even in the case of 'Strange Days' which I consider to be her best movie....

As for the Bale and Batman considerations associated with Depp, Nolan has already basically indicated that Riddler is someone else's game as far as I can tell and the real the point of John accepting the role of Riddler would be scripting/characterization... it they want him to wear tights he is just not gonna do it...

Given the fact that this sort of role is one of those cross-over films which attempts to address multiple cultures and contemporary issues as the complexity of modern day living, one would imagine that it is likely to have epic value and global proportion which would finally lead John to academy level recognition.

The truth is that such films are are often 'back door' entries to the academy given the fact that someone has to play the fall guy and someone is going to look really good when all is said and done.... nominations are no guarantee that the script will hold any pivotal moments or options for poignant character revelation.

Playing contrasting leads is certainly tempting but the more stereotypical the character and the setting, the less chance there is that the actor will break out of the 'mould' to measure some sort of depth.  Some formulas begin to hurt the hollywood regulars or at least blind them to the greater value and opportunity which can be defined when truly going cross culture such as when the people of a culture see themselves and their individuated standards as far beyond the 'monoculture' diatribe which is inherent in industry.
trishadepp trishadepp

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

This should be a walk in the park for Johnny.

MrsSparrow wrote
The film about organized crime along the borders of Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil has five big roles and two really big roles, one of which Depp could see himself playing.
deppaddicted deppaddicted

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

I really like the sound of this movie but I think Johnny is gonna have a hard time with schedules especially since he was to start filming Dark Shadows. I really want him to do both but Dark Shadows is more of a priority for me.

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

agreed... Dark Shadows all the way... Drug Lord... not so much

deppaddicted wrote
I really like the sound of this movie but I think Johnny is gonna have a hard time with schedules especially since he was to start filming Dark Shadows. I really want him to do both but Dark Shadows is more of a priority for me.

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

Everything is a walk in the park for Johnny he is so talented he can do anything. I think he should do this movie, hopefully he will be able to work out something with the schedule.
DeppandDance DeppandDance

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

Ditto!!

Noodlemantra wrote
Everything is a walk in the park for Johnny he is so talented he can do anything. I think he should do this movie, hopefully he will be able to work out something with the schedule.
"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid".
Bandiecam Bandiecam

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

Interesting subject for Johnny to take on and a new challenge I think he would enjoy. Watching this space for more news.
FamilyMatters FamilyMatters

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

I don't really care whether or not this is an Oscar role for Johnny. I do think he should break away from the animated roles every now and then and choose a characters with a little more substance. I am not a fan of The Hurt Locker and think it was overrated compared to other movies I have seen, but I do like the direction she is going with casting in this movie.
“There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love."

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

Unless Burton has something else going on I can't see him not doing Dark Shadows, but if Deadline reports he is in talks then you can bet he will do everything he can to get the role and do Dark Shadows. We can only hope that he can make it a reality.

FamilyMatters wrote
I don't really care whether or not this is an Oscar role for Johnny. I do think he should break away from the animated roles every now and then and choose a characters with a little more substance. I am not a fan of The Hurt Locker and think it was overrated compared to other movies I have seen, but I do like the direction she is going with casting in this movie.

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

Johnny doesn't seem to care either but I think it is about time he is recognised for his acting.

FamilyMatters wrote
I don't really care whether or not this is an Oscar role for Johnny. I do think he should break away from the animated roles every now and then and choose a characters with a little more substance. I am not a fan of The Hurt Locker and think it was overrated compared to other movies I have seen, but I do like the direction she is going with casting in this movie.
Iheartdepp Iheartdepp

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

As long as he does DS I am happy with it.
I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know.... Sweeney Todd

Shadow Shadow

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

Hoping he does DS first but this would be a fantastic project, know what I mean and a  great cast to work with.
"You must acquire the trick of ignoring those who do not like you. In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: The stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years time. The envious, never". Earl of Rochester.

Beatnik Beatnik

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

Okay I am all for a good role depp deserves the best but common not DS again. Hopefully DS will be first and then he can play with the Slepping Dogs.
Moderator/Member - Contact Beatnik

"Got up and dressed up and went out & got laid. Then died and got buried in a coffin in the grave, Man" -- Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp Project News Forum is your one stop resource on Johnny Depp. Checkout our Project News section for the latest news on new projects and upcoming movies. If you are looking to get more In Depth about Johnny Depp and his work then you may like to join in the discussions on our In Depth with Depp Section.  If you are just looking to chill out with other fans then visit our Fan News Network  Want to buy some Johnny Depp Products then checkout our Amazon Store

Re: Johnny Depp In 'Triple Frontier' Talks With Paramount Pictures

I am not sure this is actually going to happen unless Kathryn Bigelow is prepared to wait for Johnny.

Beatnik wrote