JOHNNY DEPP AWARDS & NOMINATIONS

Re: Disney To Launch Big Awards Campaign For Alice In Wonderland

It's when I see scenes like this I know how great of an actor he is.

JJ287 wrote
Maybe no or maybe yes but only time will tell.  but when you look at Johnny's Performance how can it not be nominated.

Beatnik Beatnik

Re: Disney To Launch Big Awards Campaign For Alice In Wonderland

There was a full page ad in the Calendar section of the LA Times today. It announced the theatrical 3-D return engagement for your consideration in all catagories including best picture.  It's a one-week run at the Arclight theater in Hollywood and another at a multiplex in Santa Monica free to anyone with Guild or AMPAS membership.

Moderator/Member - Contact Beatnik

"Got up and dressed up and went out & got laid. Then died and got buried in a coffin in the grave, Man" -- Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp Project News Forum is your one stop resource on Johnny Depp. Checkout our Project News section for the latest news on new projects and upcoming movies. If you are looking to get more In Depth about Johnny Depp and his work then you may like to join in the discussions on our In Depth with Depp Section.  If you are just looking to chill out with other fans then visit our Fan News Network  Want to buy some Johnny Depp Products then checkout our Amazon Store

Re: Disney To Launch Big Awards Campaign For Alice In Wonderland

I was just going to post this but you got there before me .

Beatnik wrote
There was a full page ad in the Calendar section of the LA Times today. It announced the theatrical 3-D return engagement for your consideration in all catagories including best picture.  It's a one-week run at the Arclight theater in Hollywood and another at a multiplex in Santa Monica free to anyone with Guild or AMPAS membership.
Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

Re: Disney To Launch Big Awards Campaign For Alice In Wonderland

Would love to see him nominated. Thanks for the clip JJ makes me want to watch it again.

JJ287 wrote
Maybe no or maybe yes but only time will tell.  but when you look at Johnny's Performance how can it not be nominated.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”

Re: Disney To Launch Big Awards Campaign For Alice In Wonderland

Thanks ladies for the clips, Johnny's Mad Hatter was flawless.

Oscarologists are crazy to snub Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter

Oscarologists are crazy to snub Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter
October 19, 2010 |  2:26 pm

Since Disney has decided to invest heavily in an Oscar campaign for "Alice in Wonderland," that will probably mean loud tub-thumping ahead for Johnny Depp, who has never won an Oscar. He was nominated for three lead performances: "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" (2003), "Finding Neverland" (2004), "Sweeney Todd" (2007).

Now he'd be nommed for a comedic, cartoonish role, a type seldom appreciated by Oscar voters. Even academy darling Jack Nicholson wasn't nominated for his turn as the Joker in "Batman" (1989) after nabbing a bid at the Golden Globes. Alas, Heath Ledger was nommed, and even won, as the Joker in "The Dark Knight" (2008) in the same supporting slot where Depp competes now as the Mad Hatter. But beware: Right now, Depp doesn't even appear as a possibility on the current lists of potential rivals at AwardsDaily or InContention. But I think he's a leading contender.

Link

Re: Oscarologists are crazy to snub Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter

I just don't understand the academy how could they not nominate him.

FamilyMatters FamilyMatters

Re: Oscarologists are crazy to snub Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter

I will never understand the academy and their choices after Johnny lost for Finding Neverland and more importantly Sweeney Todd and Jack Sparrow.

In Finding Neverland he lost out to Jamie Fox? and that for me was very confusing.  In 2005 he lost out to Sean Penn for his role as Jack Sparrow? I was very disappointed.  But the one that hit the nail on the coffin for me was  Sweeney Todd and to add insult to Injury neither Tim Burton or Helena Bohnam Carter were nominated and the movie was ignored for Best Picture.

Other roles that never even got a thought was Don Juan, Edward Scissorhands, Arizona Dream and The Libertine. I am not a silly little girl who votes for actors because they are pretty I just believe that real talent should be rewarded.
“There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love."
Beatnik Beatnik

Re: Oscarologists are crazy to snub Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter

They are never going to nominate him for Alice In Wonderland end of story.
Moderator/Member - Contact Beatnik

"Got up and dressed up and went out & got laid. Then died and got buried in a coffin in the grave, Man" -- Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp Project News Forum is your one stop resource on Johnny Depp. Checkout our Project News section for the latest news on new projects and upcoming movies. If you are looking to get more In Depth about Johnny Depp and his work then you may like to join in the discussions on our In Depth with Depp Section.  If you are just looking to chill out with other fans then visit our Fan News Network  Want to buy some Johnny Depp Products then checkout our Amazon Store

Re: Oscarologists are crazy to snub Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter

I am inclined to beleive you but hoping they will all the same.

claradepp claradepp

Re: Oscarologists are crazy to snub Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter

Johnny is the best actor out there!!!! He should have won an Oscar by now ..what is wrong with those people?

Re: Oscarologists are crazy to snub Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter

Honestly... I like to say this to people at times when there are clearly things going on behind the scenes that we do not ....

"You're just trying to make sense of things again aren't you???"

Actually hate to say this kind of thing but it works to help people to understand that each of us can only make sense of that which we see and make time to relate to... i think you can live safely by it ... in all truth... take care of that which you can...

Post note... recent situations have lead me to change the way I see things... friend of mine was in a car accident the other night and broke his neck.... completely unforeseeable reality which will likely change the rest of his life...

Re: Oscarologists are crazy to snub Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter

Maybe it is best not to watch the Oscar. They are out of date with modern times as they are still giving Oscars to Independent small movies that no one even watches.  Don't get me wrong I would love to see Johnny win, and if he did win an Oscar or Bafta, I would dress up as Julie Andrews and head for the nearest hill..lol

deppaddicted deppaddicted

Re: Oscarologists are crazy to snub Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter

I wonder if Johnny ever gets embarrassed by the movie companies for pushing these films for nominations.
DeppandDance DeppandDance

Re: Disney To Launch Big Awards Campaign For Alice In Wonderland

If he can't win the scream awards there is no way he is going to win the Oscars even although I thought he was wonderful.
"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid".

Nominate Johnny For Peoples Choice Awards

JDN just posted this on Facebook:
Here is your chance to put Johnny's name forward as a nominee in the upcoming People Choice Awards. To nominate go to Peopeles Choice Awards @ http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/. You can also tweet your nomination in by tweeting the following.

Johnny Depp #movieactor #PeoplesChoice  &  Alice In Wonderland #dramamovie #PeoplesChoice

Re: Nominate Johnny For Peoples Choice Awards

DONE!!! lets hope he wins this one.

MrsSparrow wrote
JDN just posted this on Facebook:
Here is your chance to put Johnny's name forward as a nominee in the upcoming People Choice Awards. To nominate go to Peopeles Choice Awards @ http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/. You can also tweet your nomination in by tweeting the following.

Johnny Depp #movieactor #PeoplesChoice  &  Alice In Wonderland #dramamovie #PeoplesChoice

Re: Nominate Johnny For Peoples Choice Awards

That was rather exhausting considering how much television celebrity status was entirely lost on me...

Re: Nominate Johnny For Peoples Choice Awards

I know it when on and on and on and on, I could do with a nap now.

theeradicaleclectic wrote
That was rather exhausting considering how much television celebrity status was entirely lost on me...