Infinitum Nihil & GK Films Productions

JDN JDN

Infinitum Nihil & GK Films Productions

This post was updated on .
Current Infinitum Nihil & GK Films Projects:- What we know Johnny is involved in but this will change as more information comes in.

The Rum Diary

Based on the novel by Hunter S Thompson, "The Rum Diary" tells the story Journalist Paul Kemp (Johnny Depp). Tiring of the noise and madness of New York and the crushing conventions of late Eisenhower-era, Kemp travels to Puerto Rico to write for a local newspaper The San Juan Star, run by downtrodden editor Lotterman (Richard Jenkins).  Paul soon becomes uncreasingly obsessed with Chenault (Amber Heard), fiancee of Sanderson (Aaron Eckhart) a business involved in shady propety development deals. Director Bruce Robinson

Hugo Cabret

ORPHAN, CLOCK KEEPER, AND THIEF, twelve-year-old Hugo lives in the walls of a busy Paris train station, where his survival depends on secrets and anonymity. But when his world suddenly interlocks with an eccentric girl and the owner of a small toy booth in the train station, Hugo’s undercover life, and his most precious secret, are put in jeopardy. A cryptic drawing, a treasured notebook, a stolen key, a mechanical man, and a hidden message all come together...in The Invention of Hugo Cabret. Director Martin Scorsese

Dark Shadows

Warner Bros. hasn't set a release date for Dark Shadows, but it was included as one of the projects covered in a deal announced in late April between Imax and Warner Bros. Johnny Depp  obtained feature rights to "Dark Shadows" from the estate of Dan Curtis, the producer-director who created the vampire soap opera.  Warner Bros has now confirmed that Sethe Grahame-Smith has been signed on to write the screenplay. Director Tim Burton

Inamorata

Inspired by this real-life event, Inamorata follows Martin Finch, a twenty-three-year-old Harvard graduate student and member of Scientific American's investigative committee, on the case of a lifetime-an attempt to determine whether Mina Crawley, a beautiful Philadelphia socialite, is able to contact the spirit realm. In the tiny upstairs room of the Crawleys' elegant Rittenhouse Square townhouse, Finch is prepared to debunk a fraud. But instead the man of science breaks the cardinal rule of psychic investigation: Never fall in love with the medium... (Status Unknown)

Infinitum Nihil

Cool Water  (Co-Producer)

Two Palestinian brothers who try to smuggle the body of their recently deceased father from Jerusalem to Ramallah while trying to avoid Israeli police and Russian mobsters. Director Emir Kusturica

Happy Documentary

A glimpse into the life of Rolling Stone's guitarist Keith Richards, whose musical career spans across five decades. Director Johnny Depp

Happy Days

A thirtysomething man decides to leave his wife and children and check himself into a rest home. There he develops a special bond with an old woman suffering from terminal cancer, taking her on a special journey as her last wish. Director Terry Zwigoff - TBC

Caliber

Set in the 19th century in the Pacific Northwest, King Arthur and his Knights of the Roundtable are gunfighters sworn to protect the innocent, with (Ex)Caliber itself depicted as a magical six-shooter that never misses, but only when drawn by a man with justice on his side. Director John Woo -TBC

Rex Mundi
Julien Sauniere a physician in the 1930s who embarks on a journey for the Holy Grail. (Status Unknown)

GK Films

Rango (Johnny Depp as Rango)

While traveling out West with his family, a pet chameleon named Rango (Johnny Depp) is accidentally stranded in an old western town called Dirt. Surrounded by a slew of crazy locals, Rango goes on an exciting journey to discover the hero within himself in this big-screen animated adventure.

Infinitum Nihil - Optioned Property - Status Unknown

Dali
Shantaram
Death of a Dissident
In The Hand Of Dante
The People's Act of Love
Affected Provincial's Companion
The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters
Owner/Administrator
www.JohnnyDeppNews.Com "Only people who truly understand his art can see who he becomes through his roles".

If you have any questions or need to report abuse then please Post Your Message Here
 If you want to contact either of the administrators privately then email us at jdn@johnnydeppnewsforum.com. If you wish to contact me personally then use the contact link on JohnnyDeppNews.com

Re: Infinitum Nihil & GK Films Productions

Chris is a pretty busy lady these days with all those projects coming up. Looking forward to all the updates..
Should have mentioned Johnny will probably be busy as well..lol

Re: Infinitum Nihil & GK Films Productions

This is the one I am looking forward to the most.

JDN wrote
Current Infinitum Nihil & GK Films Projects:- What we know Johnny is involved in but this will change as more information comes in.

The Rum Diary

Based on the novel by Hunter S Thompson, "The Rum Diary" tells the story Journalist Paul Kemp (Johnny Depp). Tiring of the noise and madness of New York and the crushing conventions of late Eisenhower-era, Kemp travels to Puerto Rico to write for a local newspaper The San Juan Star, run by downtrodden editor Lotterman (Richard Jenkins).  Paul soon becomes uncreasingly obsessed with Chenault (Amber Heard), fiancee of Sanderson (Aaron Eckhart) a business involved in shady propety development deals. Director Bruce Robinson
Tammy Tammy

Re: Infinitum Nihil & GK Films Productions

Looking  forward to all those projects :) thanks for keeping us updates.
Deadwood Deadwood

Shantaram

anyone here heard any news on that Shantaram flick, is it getting made?
"Sometimes I wish we could just hit 'em over the head, rob 'em, and throw their bodies in the creek".

Re: Shantaram

Are we back on this subject again? thought it was shelved?

Re: Shantaram

Shantaram was dropped.. period

Re: Shantaram

i was reading something about that in the dailies... details escape me but there was a statement to the effect that  'it might be shelved indefinitely' and then there was an immediate turn around response elsewhere from the director  'Shantaram not shelved, says director Mira Nair' all this took place early in 2009

She further added, 'You can expect the film in 2011. Mira got talking about the supposed ‘shelved’ Shantaram film while attending an event to promote her husband’s (Mahmood Mamdani) book ‘Good Muslim Bad Muslim’. And yet the concept of 'in Development' rests heavily upon a blank page.  Even with a sequel option there is quite a bit of talk relative to the massive complications associated with filming in India.

Some media chiding has been going on to the degree that 'someone was scared to film there' and then another bit of media seemed to intimate that the rights might be optioned entirely and shelved indefinitely.  My intuition says its more likely the second one and I would tend to agree with this.  The author is alive and well and certainly keeps a high profile with a plethora of resources on his page to encourage just such concerns however there is clearly a lot not being said about how many farmers in India have committed suicide and how terribly bereft society is becoming due to global tensions in Pakistan.

Given the nearly guaranteed sale of over 20 recently declassified fighter planes in the current administration's budget, I would hazard to think that any production company is going to pick it up.
JohnnyDarko JohnnyDarko

Re: Shantaram

Have you been living under a rock? of course it's not getting made, it never moved after the writers strike back in early 2009. Depp took on Public Enemies and the rest is history.

Deadwood wrote
anyone here heard any news on that Shantaram flick, is it getting made?

Re: Shantaram

I heard the project was shelved because of several issues, the writers strike was just part of the problem.

Re: Shantaram

Sorry deadwood looks like your out of luck with this project. Can't see Johnny ever doing this one now. Thats not to say someone else won't pick it up though.

Deadwood wrote
anyone here heard any news on that Shantaram flick, is it getting made?
FamilyMatters FamilyMatters

Re: Shantaram

I have not heard about this movie?

Deadwood wrote
anyone here heard any news on that Shantaram flick, is it getting made?
“There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love."

Shantaram... the novel... the author... the Reality of being down with all that jazz

Here's a good jump start on this subject ... its a huge cache of details which have nothing to do with the reality of trying to make an authentic depiction of the series of events associated with this novel...
FamilyMatters FamilyMatters

Re: Shantaram... the novel... the author... the Reality of being down with all that jazz

Thank you I will most definatley be looking into this.

theeradicaleclectic wrote
Here's a good jump start on this subject ... its a huge cache of details which have nothing to do with the reality of trying to make an authentic depiction of the series of events associated with this novel...
“There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love."

A Healthy look at Darko Sarcasm...

TRE picks up the rock and looks under it to see some deadwood and blue skinks scurrying about for cover

JohnnyDarko wrote
Have you been living under a rock? of course it's not getting made, it never moved after the writers strike back in early 2009. Depp took on Public Enemies and the rest is history.
Bandiecam Bandiecam

Re: Shantaram

I heard Russell Crowe was trying to take over the project

Re: Shantaram

He might need some vaulted boots for that job...
mrstench mrstench

Re: Shantaram

Russel Crowe was one of the producers for Shantaram so why would he want to take over the project?
Beatnik Beatnik

Re: Shantaram

Because Russal Crowe wanted the part in the first place. Crowe was keen to play the lead in this film and tried to obtain the rights to the book but Depp had beaten him to it. Crowe was so excited about this project, he apparentely offered his services as executive producer just to be a part of the film.

<quote>
mrstench wrote
Russel Crowe was one of the producers for Shantaram so why would he want to take over the project?
Moderator/Member - Contact Beatnik

"Got up and dressed up and went out & got laid. Then died and got buried in a coffin in the grave, Man" -- Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp Project News Forum is your one stop resource on Johnny Depp. Checkout our Project News section for the latest news on new projects and upcoming movies. If you are looking to get more In Depth about Johnny Depp and his work then you may like to join in the discussions on our In Depth with Depp Section.  If you are just looking to chill out with other fans then visit our Fan News Network  Want to buy some Johnny Depp Products then checkout our Amazon Store

Re: Infinitum Nihil & GK Films Productions

Well at least we know Hugo, The Rum Diary are basically completed.