Happy Documentary Directed By Johnny

This post was updated on .
A glimpse into the life of Rolling Stone's guitarist Keith Richards, whose musical career spans across five decades.

January 30th, 2010 Keith Richards Documentary - Filming started.

Johnny Depp on the set of 'Happy'. Special guests included Patti Smith and Norah Jones.

January 1st, 2010 Johnny Depp announced that he will direct Keith Richards documentary
according to an article in Politika. here's what he said:

"Now that I'm wiser, and that enough time has passed, I can experience directing again," Depp explains to the European media. "Already next week I'll start working on a Keith Richards documentary. While I'm in Drvengrad, my editor is already working on kilometers of archive footage and footage of his concerts. I'm very touched that Keith agreed to show up in front of my cameras."

Re: Happy Documentary Directed By Johnny

I am not really a Keith Richards fan but "Happy" to watch anything involving Johnny Depp.

Re: Happy Documentary Directed By Johnny

He looks really "Happy" to be doing directing again..lol cnn't wait to see what he does with the documentary.

Re: Happy Documentary Directed By Johnny

Keith Richards Autobiography To Be Released October 26th, 2010

Keith Richards' autobiography, Life, will no doubt contain some surprises and shocking details of the legendary musician's hard-rocking lifestyle. Publishers Little, Brown, and Co. reportedly paid Richards, 66, a $7.3 million advance to give up the juicy secrets of his career as a rock musician with The Rolling Stones, and apparently, there's an unexpected characteristic of the rock icon. According to London's The Sunday Times, those in the publishing business who have seen an outline of the upcoming autobiography available October 2010 have already disclosed one of these surprises. Link It is not sure if the books has any connection to the documentary at this time.

Iheartdepp Iheartdepp

Re: Happy Documentary Directed By Johnny

Not really Interested in Keith Richards book but I am curious to see what Johnny does with the documentary.
I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know.... Sweeney Todd

Re: Happy Documentary Directed By Johnny

The real details of how they will choose to edit and produce this are likely the most interesting part because I really cant wait to see how they work through the old footage and perceptions from way back when...  Here is a link if you are interested in exploring different ways that some of this might be presented in a creative manner... digital allows for quite a lot these days

Re: Happy Documentary Directed By Johnny

Keith Richards is another generation that's probably why not many can relate to him. Happy to see anything of Johnny's though.

Re: Happy Documentary Directed By Johnny

yes kimmi but he has also been filming with POTC 4 now for 2 months... here is the news on his book release signing

Keith can't come. He was invited, but is shooting Pirates 4 with Johnny Depp untill the 27th. On the 28th he's going to meet German and Dutch press, then rushes over to NYC to have the thingy at the Public Library. Then it'sAmerican press, before he goes back to London for the UK press, and finally to Paris, where Swedish and Norwegian press are waiting... (But I'm not allowed to write the dates.)
Shadow Shadow

Re: Happy Documentary Directed By Johnny

I don't think I will be watching this I hate Keith Richards.
"You must acquire the trick of ignoring those who do not like you. In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: The stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years time. The envious, never". Earl of Rochester.

Re: Happy Documentary Directed By Johnny

Thanks for sharing... I do get it but I started an entire thread on how to explore techniques in film making relative to how this project could best use digital and avante garde approaches to projecting and visualizing what went on from now to then... Its a secret passion of mine to explore visual arts as moving visual arts with multimedia inputs...

Given all that he is and how he does and what might have made him who he is... I can well understand that.  Personally I am this place in my life where I have to revisit the sources of power that formed my identity so that I can take my power back.   The Rolling Stones moved a generation through a lot of experiences with their music and they told the truth and it was powerful for me...

I would not be attending any Stones concerts if they were not free and you would not find me seeking out the gentleman even if I was having a pleasant conversation with his wife while she stood by his side.  Purely anthropological interest in understanding the times and their magic... same goes for Jagger... he was a part of something greater that made many people who they are today...

This might be a good place to bring up the idea that Keith was born during the wartime years of english heritage and may well carry with him some of those sensibilities... Possibly John might choose to use a bit of black and white imagery to create the stark feel of England after its bombings and during its ration days and Victory Garden ways.... who knows...

Note:    That description of experimental film can be found by clicking here ... i think... im not sure... check it out
PirateAngeline PirateAngeline

Re: Happy Documentary Directed By Johnny

I am Happy if Johnny is Happy

Re: Happy Documentary Directed By Johnny

 Johnny Depp to read Life audiobook

Hachette Audio has announced that award-winning actor Johnny Depp will read the audiobook edition  of Keith's highly anticipated new autobiography. A part of pop culture since his days on 21 Jump Street, Depp has given memorable performances in films like Edward Scissorhands, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and this year's Alice In Wonderland.

One of Depp's best-known roles is Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean series. Depp has said in interviews that he based the character on his friend Keith, a revelation that led to Keith's appearance as Captain Jacks' father in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

Depp will be joined on the 22 and a half hour audiobook by fellow musician Joe Hurley and by Keith himself.