Read About Joanne's Meeting With Johnny In PR

25 Comments

Joanne O Joanne O

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

This post was updated on .
I would like to share my unforgettable experience with Johnny Depp in Puerto Rico.  I have been his fan since his early days in his career, I watched him in the movie A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET in which he stars as the heroine's boyfriend Glen Lantz and gets eaten and killed by his bed, LOL..But it wasn't until I saw him week after week on tv that I really fell for his good looks and charm, it was on the series 21 JumpStreet that I really noticed his talent as an actor.  I always wanted to get the chance to meet him in person and here I am 24yrs later I get the chance of a LIFETIME, LOL..The first time I saw him was on 04/02/09 on a Thursday in Old San Juan, I live in Arecibo,PR which is about an hour drive to old San Juan, that day I woke up early and drove to old San Juan and arrived at around 5:30am.  He then arrived at around 10:30am to shoot scenes inside the building being used as a recreated newspaper building named THE SAN JUAN STAR, during the day I got to see him go in and out of the building into his van around 5 to 8 times, but it was at around 6:08pm that I got the chance to see him in person along with hundreds of other fans who had lined the sidewalk waiting to get a glimpse of our beloved JOHNNY.  That day I got to shake his hand and see him face to face, I said hello and he replied HI in his soft spoken tone of voice.  I even have a tattoo in my left upper arm with his first name initial and last name in a heart, I didn't show him the tattoo when I had him in front of me but then when I realize that I had forgotten to show him my tattoo I try to call his name but he couldn't hear me with all the shouting from the fans, then one of the fans next to me yelled out his name and said " JOHNNY, SHE HAS A TATTOO WITH YOUR NAME ON IT" He then turned his head, lowered his sunglasses to take a look and thanked me from a distance and said GOD BLESS YOU, aww, he was just so sweet.

Then on 04/23/09 I found out that he was in the town of Vega Baja which is about a 20 minute drive from Arecibo and is much closer to where I live.  I decided to go and see if I could see him again and maybe take a photo with him.  I got to see him that day but only from a distance, he was in his van and wasn't allowed to approach the fans who were anxiously waiting to see him just like I was because there wasn't any secured area where Johnny could approach his fans without comprimising his security, which I can understand,  but I didn't give up, I kept going for the next 4 days to the town of Vega Baja trying to see if I could make it happen to get my picture taken with him.   Well, Finally, on 05/01/09 Friday at 12:15am I got my wish, I HAD MY PHOTO TAKEN WITH JOHNNY, I waited by the gated resting area where Johnny and the production crew went to relax for the day and in between breaks.  As he arrived in his tinted van, mind you by this time is totally dark outside and since there are 2 identical vans being used to somehow fool the fans and media, he arrived.  As the van was pulling into the lot, me and my friend, who by this point were the only ones at this time of the early hours of Friday there, waived at the van hoping that Johnny would be inside and he was, he lowered his window and said hello to me and my friend, to which we asked him if he wouldn't mind taking a photo with us, he replied "Sure", we looked at each other in amazement because we thought that since it was so late and they were probably tired from the shooting of the film that maybe he would want to just go to his trailer and relax...But no, he told his driver to stop the van and he got out and posed with me and with my friend to allow us to take his photo.  I even got to show him my tattoo this time, he was touched and almost speechless when he saw my tattoo, he touched it and gently rubbed it and said "wow, that's so sweet, that's really sweet of you, thank you" am sure I made his day, LOL...he is definitely a wonderful human being, so sweet, gentle, nice, and humble.  I love his personality and his work as an actor, I wish him nothing but the best and much success always.

Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to share my experience with you and your friends.

Hugs,

Joanne Ortiz
Arecibo, PR USA

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

Joanne, what an amazing experiance, thanks so much for sharing it with us

Could I ask is there anyway you could make the picture smaller and put it at the top of your story. I can only see half the picture :( http://fotoflexer.com/ will help you with that. Thanks again
Snoopy Snoopy

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

wow, you are one lucky lady  this is awesome thanks for sharing with us. Shame cannot see the picture though

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

OMG...Joanne this is amazing he touched you ..    i would have went week at the knees ..lol sad about not seeing the picture please re-upload smaller so i can see your picture

Joanne O wrote
"he was touched and almost speechless when he saw my tattoo, he touched it and gently rubbed it and said "wow, that's so sweet, that's really sweet of you, thank you"

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Joanne I got an email from JDN about you and i am not dissapointed  how many actors would do that? Johnny is so wonderful and so good with his fans

Joanne O wrote
[...]

Joanne thank you so much for sharing  Only Johnny would go that extra mile to meet his fans.

Joanne O wrote
He told his driver to stop the van and he got out and posed with me and with my friend to allow us to take his photo.  I even got to show him my tattoo this time, he was touched and almost speechless when he saw my tattoo, he touched it and gently rubbed it and said "wow, that's so sweet, that's really sweet of you, thank you" am sure I made his day, LOL...he is definitely a wonderful human being, so sweet, gentle, nice, and humble.  I love his personality and his work as an actor, I wish him nothing but the best and much success always.

Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

This is so cool reading about other peoples experiences meeting Depp. Thanx for sharing this with us please upload your picture smaller cannot see it too big.
“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
kimponyexpress kimponyexpress

Re: Did You Meet Johnny In Puerto Rico?

I too have some amazing Johnny experience's in Puerto Rico.  I wrote about them on my blog for our site,
inadepptrance.com

He is truly an amazing and caring and generous  individual.  Just solidifies why we feel about him the way we do.
I was proud of myself for not dropping to my knees the first time.  Fully expected me to become a blithering idiot. But luckily I did not.

It's a four part blog.. I hope you enjoy.. I certainly did
http://inadepptrance.wordpress.com/2009/04/14/inadepptrance-in-puerto-rico-while-johnny-is-filming-rum-diary/
lynn lynn

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

hola .. que bueno que lo coseguiste yo lo e intentado pero ... mis fotos salen mal borrosa :'( y pues no e podido lograrlo con mas tiempo como el que tuvieron ustedes.  Te conoci en vega baja cuando preguntaste al guardia donde estaba la fila para las fans.. y depues veo esta foto wow :) que bueno de veras .. si el es bien dulce pero cuando me a tocado es con mucha gente y no he tenido la oportunidad tratare :) y luego te digo jajaja :)

Lynn
CAT CAT

Re: Did You Meet Johnny In Puerto Rico?

He truly is an amazing and gentle man!  You are one lucky lady!
Christine D. Christine D.

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

That is so great, Joanne. And look at the light in your eyes in that photo.  What a great story. And what a sweetie to hop out of the van to take a photo.
Joanne O Joanne O

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

Am still in HEAVEN, hehehe....it really was very sweet of him to do that, considering that it was the early morning hours of friday...he truly is EXCEPTIONAL.
Joanne O Joanne O

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

thanks everyone for the lovely comments, yes, he is a wonderful, sweet guy.  I uploaded a cropped version of the photo is at the end of the old photos just above where the comments begin.  hugs to all.
Joanne O Joanne O

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

sorry about the photo kit kat, LOL...I re-uploaded the photo and cropped it, am sure u can view it now, thanks for ur comment.
Joanne O Joanne O

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

Am glad u enjoyed reading my experience with Johnny, yes, not many actors now a days would do what Johnny does to make his fans feel important and special. He truly IS a GREAT person with a big heart...WE LOVE YOU JOHNNY!
Joanne O Joanne O

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

Hehehe, I know what you mean, for a moment I thought I was going to faint when he touched my tattoo with those sensual fingers of his, aaahhh, LOL.  I have re-uploaded the photo, is cropped now, am sure u will be able to enjoy it now, thanks for ur lovely comment.
Joanne O Joanne O

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

Sorry about the photo, I have re-uploaded the photo, is cropped to fit now, am sure u will be able to see it now, thanks for ur comment. I do feel LUCKY! LOL.
Joanne O Joanne O

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

Hey there, thanks for the tip about the fotoflexer, i tried it and it really works, i have re-uploaded the photo, you can see it now, thanks for ur comment, am glad u enjoyed my experience with Johnny.
Joann Joann

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

You are soooo lucky. I live in Ohio in the United States and there are no actors that come here. Cherish that moment.

Re: Admirers Meet & Greet With Johnny In Puerto Rico

Look at your eyes they are sparkling like the night full of stars. I bet this is one memory you will cherish forever