DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

!!!!GREAT NEWS!!!! We now know that Burton will kick start Barnabus Collins action with our man John in  April of 2011 will bring the Dark Shadows Set and Production into clear focus and action!!!  This particular gem of a retro throwback has been on my list since I was literally about 4 or 5 years old and drinking it in with my 'older relatives' right up to the time when if was finally taken off the air.

What am I looking forward to the most???  Costumes and Soundtrack most definitely!!!  Whats more is that I hope they get someone really special to make the music like Jarmusch did for Dead Man... Making a classic even better is the only way to go and if anyone is the master of that... its Burton and Depp... Anyone want to wager that Helena will be in it??

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

Seems SciFi Wire has been the closest to a filming date as far as current rumors are concerned.

JDN wrote
According to SciFi Wire  Dark Shadows will start shooting in the fall of 2010. During a round table interview for The Young Victoria, Graham King was asked about Dark Shadows he said "We're actually going to shoot that film next September/October with Tim Burton and Johnny,"  "We've been working on the script a lot, even though he's working on Alice," King continued. "We've been given a script. John August wrote the first screenplay. We're making some changes, but the film's going to be in production, as I say, September or October of next year."

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

Really dont know how Sci-Fi is closer with Fall of 2010 instead of Deadline and Screenrant which accurately report that April of 2011 will be the start of the filming for Dark Shadows....

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

I think she means closest to current rumor of April 2011. It was reported to be late fall early winter so I think she is  giving Scifi wire a compliment as to their reporting.  On another note Just because Deadline mentions it will be April does not mean it is true they are not always right or accurate for that matter.  Dark Shadows is dependent on Johnny's schedule as we all know that is why the project date has been moved around so much.

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

good point ghostie... the schedule is likely also as much Burton's choice as well... the clarity of the deadline post is really that it has been reported by several reputable websites equally... life is always the big boss of us all though...

what is happening here at this site though... thats what is really odd and a bit unsettling??

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

What do you mean about the site?

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

This is from MTV news about Dark Shadows who have kept us more in the loop than anyone else.

Johnny Depp And Tim Burton's 'Dark Shadows': What We Know So Far

Johnny Depp's word is his bond. In June 2009, the three-time Oscar nominee promised us that "Dark Shadows" — the Tim Burton-directed, Depp-starring adaptation of the 1960s-era soap opera — was going to shift into production, despite years of delay.

Depp wouldn't steer us wrong. "Dark Shadows" now has an official start date courtesy of Warner Bros., a development first reported by Deadline Hollywood. Burton and Depp will begin production in April 2011.

That's almost four years since the project was first announced. Depp has long spoken of his childhood obsession with the ABC soap and said he always fostered the hope of becoming Barnabas Collins, the vampire at the center of the series. Running from 1966 to 1971, "Dark Shadows" spun supernatural tales of ghosts, zombies, vamps and time travel over its 1,225 episodes. In December 2008, Richard D. Zanuck, a producer on the film, said that shooting would begin in London in the summer of '09, but that seemed ambitious given Depp's schedule and the task of adapting the series.

"It was a soap opera — it was a daily show," Sam Sarkar, Depp's producing partner, told MTV News in March '09. "That's something people forget. It's one thing to adapt a weekly television series into a movie — it's another thing to take a soap opera that's been serialized daily and try to boil it down to two hours."

Still, Sarkar assured us the project was still on track, and when we asked him about rumors that Burton would direct, he said coyly, "I can neither confirm nor deny that. But I know it's out there in the ether."

Burton himself offered MTV News the confirmation a few months later, when he said that "Dark Shadows" would shoot in 2010.

"One of the biggest challenges on ['Dark Shadows'] is to just capture that weird tone of the show," he said.

By the end of 2009, though, that rumored production start had shifted back to late 2010. This was hardly encouraging, and months passed without any news. Then this past July, Seth Grahame-Smith, the author of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" and "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies," came aboard to pen the script. This, of course, was very encouraging.

"Part of the energy of it was the tone and weirdness of it," Burton told us. "That's our challenge, to try to capture that vibe. ... It's always a fine line. That remains to be seen. That's a question and a challenge we talk about a lot. I haven't arrived at the answer. That's definitely a main issue, the tone and the vibe of it because as we all know melodrama can cross over. It's one of the more interesting things about it."

Anyone know what's happening with JDN!!!

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

If you ask me JDN is contemplating navel issues... but what do i ever know for certain here in the belly of the beast???

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

MTV are pretty reliable with their info but so is Deadline even although they get their information from insiders.

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

After clicking over to see the fabulous JDN news reel on the main page I will stand corrected and make that 'contemplating naval issues' .... which is a grand way of saying that anyone who visits the Vajoliroja rental site is certainly in for some extended fantasy obsession... Bravo!  Hey Jaime... good to see you...

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

Love the news reel too full of little bites of info.  She had something similar a few years back but it was a project news reel before she moved onto a separate site.

theeradicaleclectic wrote