DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

Re: Dark Shadows Update

When I read this:

Iamadepphead wrote
It was being scripted by John August but obviously they did not think it was good enough
I knew that I was in the right place after all... nearly fell out of my chair and spilled my sipper...
JohnnyDarko JohnnyDarko

Re: Dark Shadows Update

Interesting so from what i have read they are not re-writing the screenplay written by John August if in fact John August did write anything. They are starting with a completely new script with a new screenplay writer?

Re: Dark Shadows Update

It may be so but as to the point and counterpoint assumption that August wrote nothing... who knows?/?

Best case scenario is that Depp or Burton has run across some primo pre-production elements which they have purchased copyrights power over thus allowing them to incorporate old elements with a new writer more adept at working with what they discovered.  I know I used to have this fan-fucking-tastic first edition text with pictures and original production/stage direction elements in it until the book was burned in a fire....

Oh the woes of the utterly self absorbed carbuncles in this life who prevent us from fully accessing such things....  however... absolute absolvement for the soul who might know of such things and bring them to the table for a most complete exploration of the vision as co-creative evolution... cheers!

Re: Dark Shadows not happening this year

I am not sure were WB is going with this at all as from previous posts it seemed that John August was all set to be involved in this movie even as far as to mention the fact at a seminar. Now there seems to be a big turn around with the wirter/script for this TV adaption. So my question is maybe now WB are taking a more active role in the project in getting it off the ground instead of relying on director Tim Burton and Johnny Depp as Producer/Actor to take this picture to a new level. Maybe Depped could enlighten us on some of these questions?
Beatnik Beatnik

Re: Dark Shadows Update

Well it has been a while since the subject of dark shadows came up on this forum. Not sure what is going on with this project except I am more confused not than i was before. You need to change the subject to reflect what you are posting here or movie it too the Dark Shadows board to get more of a reponse on this one. Just a thought?
Moderator/Member - Contact Beatnik

"Got up and dressed up and went out & got laid. Then died and got buried in a coffin in the grave, Man" -- Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp Project News Forum is your one stop resource on Johnny Depp. Checkout our Project News section for the latest news on new projects and upcoming movies. If you are looking to get more In Depth about Johnny Depp and his work then you may like to join in the discussions on our In Depth with Depp Section.  If you are just looking to chill out with other fans then visit our Fan News Network  Want to buy some Johnny Depp Products then checkout our Amazon Store

Re: Dark Shadows Update

This post was updated on .
just to get you up to speed... looks like the Dark Shadows project is back to the drawing board with entirely new talent as a visionary team... look for it in late 2011 if things do not go swimmingly in the next 2 months.... I see no way for this film to come out by Halloween but I truly know nothing of what this crew is capable of...

Re: Dark Shadows Update

Filming for Pirates is due to be completed in September with a May 2011 release date? good luck with that one Disney! Anyhooo I heard they are going to start filming Dark Shadows in January as Depp has some production work and a documentary to finish. Then again wasn't he going to start a movie with the Serbian Director in January?

Re: Dark Shadows Update

I really think that location and conditions will be a huge factor here... I may very well be tanked on my perception of timelines at this point... We can only guess about trying to invest or finance the heavily dependent set and costuming needs unless there is/are some details of stock which have come to light to push this through with minimal friction.

Re: Dark Shadows Update

We hope they are going to start filming in January. Depp has a few movies coming out which will involve a lot of press. So keep your fingers crossed.

Re: Dark Shadows Update

fingers crossed... legs crossed... hair platted... maybe i can even work on acting ladylike in ranking social circles... start in January... world of good can come of that as long as he keeps some ginger tea handy

i personally think that working with a bunch of emaciated chicks freezing to death in bloody old england will make for a right fiesty coven of vampire eat vampire.... gore fest??? good lord... it is a peytons place pride and prejudice sub-plot if i ever heard of one... i will sew the petty coats this fall if that will make it happen!

wheres my loom... let me teach all of you to knit this fall and we will be set for action by January.... i will start weaving now too.. its our cross to bear....

Re: Dark Shadows Updates 2010

Due to the first thread being closed I am copying over the article I want to comment on:

So Frid has no real interest in doing a cameo?  he never really understood those die hard fans? but manages to turn up at the convention every year.

He’s become more comfortable in finding things to like about his vampire but does admit to not really understanding the die-hard fans. And he has no real interest in a cameo in Depp’s Dark Shadows revival.
He then offer words of wisdom for Johnny Depp on how to play Barnabas?

Frid offers some words of wisdom to Johnny Depp “The key (to playing Barnabas) is telling lies with such finesse that the other characters in the story can’t see through them…but of course the audience can.
The guy is a floater, he is obviously clinging to the little bit of stardom he had by attending these conventions. Lapping up all the attention from fans while insulting them at the same time. Then he adds insult to injury by offering Depp advice on how to act? (ROFLMAO) He even has the damn cheek to say he will do a cameo if the price is right.  Someone please put this guy down already, the show was good but not that good....
Beatnik Beatnik

Re: Dark Shadows Updates 2010

Still no word on dark shadows yet I see.  feeling a little frustrated and trying to keep calm.
Moderator/Member - Contact Beatnik

"Got up and dressed up and went out & got laid. Then died and got buried in a coffin in the grave, Man" -- Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp Project News Forum is your one stop resource on Johnny Depp. Checkout our Project News section for the latest news on new projects and upcoming movies. If you are looking to get more In Depth about Johnny Depp and his work then you may like to join in the discussions on our In Depth with Depp Section.  If you are just looking to chill out with other fans then visit our Fan News Network  Want to buy some Johnny Depp Products then checkout our Amazon Store

The Enigma of Barnabus Collns

I think that its safe to say that Burton will take care of all the details of his production as a part of wrapping it up and making it a gestalt sort of experience that sets it well apart from all other productions.  I dont mind waiting for the entire list of details to drop all at once.

Re: Dark Shadows Updates 2010

dont stress beatnik good thing come to those who wait.

Bandiecam Bandiecam

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

It will be Interesting to see if Johnny does start filming DS in February 2011.  With news of the Triple Frontier project being dangled in front of him it's a big decision for him to make.

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

I hope he is able to do both movies.
Shadow Shadow

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

I thought I read that they were starting filming in December/January? or has that change again.
"You must acquire the trick of ignoring those who do not like you. In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: The stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years time. The envious, never". Earl of Rochester.

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

Depp-Burton's next reunion will reportedly shoot in the spring. (Spring is in March not February)

The oft-delayed big screen version of the vampire TV series cult classic Dark Shadows is finally headed before cameras.

According to Deadline, the picture -- which will be the seventh reunion of director Tim Burton and star Johnny Depp -- will start shooting in February.  First Deadline says January now Deadline are saying February

Depp will play the vampire Barnabas Collins. He is also producing the film along with Graham King.

Author-screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies) penned the screenplay adaptation of the '60s supernatural soap opera.

Warner Bros. has slated Dark Shadows for a 2013 release in traditional theaters and in IMAX.  Link
Vajoliroja Vajoliroja

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

I got my fingers crossed for this one and hoping it won't be delayed again.
“I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.” Johnny Depp
Beatnik Beatnik

Re: DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

Things are looking up.
Moderator/Member - Contact Beatnik

"Got up and dressed up and went out & got laid. Then died and got buried in a coffin in the grave, Man" -- Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp Project News Forum is your one stop resource on Johnny Depp. Checkout our Project News section for the latest news on new projects and upcoming movies. If you are looking to get more In Depth about Johnny Depp and his work then you may like to join in the discussions on our In Depth with Depp Section.  If you are just looking to chill out with other fans then visit our Fan News Network  Want to buy some Johnny Depp Products then checkout our Amazon Store
12345