DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

JDN JDN

Re: Dark Shadows

I guess I should just keep my nose out...lol
Owner/Administrator
www.JohnnyDeppNews.Com "Only people who truly understand his art can see who he becomes through his roles".

If you have any questions or need to report abuse then please Post Your Message Here
 If you want to contact either of the administrators privately then email us at jdn@johnnydeppnewsforum.com. If you wish to contact me personally then use the contact link on JohnnyDeppNews.com
Depped Depped

Re: Dark Shadows

Of course you do not suck at it. In all honesty your question is right on the money. My point was only that JA probably would not respond to it because he probably can't. Your question about how the other vampire movies could impact his reimagination of Barnabas Collins is a great one. Actually that is the question you may want to ask now that I think about it because you are not asking him for any specifics pertaining to his script. I say go for it.

JDN wrote
Oh okay i knew I sucked at this..lol thanks for your honesty.

Re: Dark Shadows

Why do you want to beat up sam sarker so much/ whats the poor guy ever done to you hotnfuzz

HotnFuzz wrote
JK...

We could either fake a call asking them to confirm our reservation for filming.  Find out if we Know someone who works there. Bite our finger nails for the next couple of months or beat the crap out of Sam Sarker for getting us wound up about DS with the big announcement we are still waiting on... I personally want to beat the crap out of Sam Sarker

There has to be someone out there who know something

Depped wrote
Thanks HotnFuzz for the information. I guess the interior scenes will be filmed at Pinewood and the exteriors ie.... the Dark Shadows mansion, Collinwood, will be filmed in areas in the UK. We need someone at Pinewood to spill the beans. jk
Depped Depped

Thanks HotnFuzz for the information. I guess the interior scenes will be filmed at Pinewood and the exteriors ie.... the Dark Shadows mansion, Collinwood, will be filmed in areas in the UK. We need someone at Pinewood to spill the beans. jk
Beatnik Beatnik

Re: Dark Shadows

James

How's it going? yes, that was me coming it at no 17 ..lol I did think of something intelligent but then thought stuff it just ask the damn question..lol MTV don't know shit anyway lets face it if they did it would be all over the news all these sites love the use of the word EXCUSIVE and yet most of them get it from somewhere else. I did send a mail to Simply Burton and InfinitumNihil blog sites asking if there was any updates on the DS project. So we shall just have to hold out and see if they reply to me. I am still concidering calling PInewoods to see if I can get any info not sure how they work down there or who to ask for that matter. If we just knew the status of the project that would be a step in the right direction.

Princess

We want to beat up Sam Sarker because he's all mouth and no action. On another subject you come from the UK? whats the scoop on Pinwoods any chance you can do some snooping your end even if we can get a name would be a huge help.

Depped wrote
[...]

Moderator/Member - Contact Beatnik

"Got up and dressed up and went out & got laid. Then died and got buried in a coffin in the grave, Man" -- Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp Project News Forum is your one stop resource on Johnny Depp. Checkout our Project News section for the latest news on new projects and upcoming movies. If you are looking to get more In Depth about Johnny Depp and his work then you may like to join in the discussions on our In Depth with Depp Section.  If you are just looking to chill out with other fans then visit our Fan News Network  Want to buy some Johnny Depp Products then checkout our Amazon Store
Beatnik Beatnik

Depped Depped

Depped Depped

Thanks HotnFuzz for the information. I guess the interior scenes will be filmed at Pinewood and the exteriors ie.... the Dark Shadows mansion, Collinwood, will be filmed in areas in the UK. We need someone at Pinewood to spill the beans. jk
Beatnik Beatnik

Re: Dark Shadows

James

Thanks for the info saw it on JDN's blog and knew the info was from you. Good call but question is how reliable is this magazine? should I start jumping around now like an idiot or wait till later to look like an idot.  these smilies suck .

Depped wrote

Depped Depped

Don't know if this actually means anything but the new Dark Shadows movie was just added today May 25, 2009 at this production listing with a summer scheduled shooting-maybe it means that an announcement is forthcoming? http://www.myentertainmentworld.com/mew/film_production_newlisting.html
Beatnik Beatnik

Re: Dark Shadows

lol,  yeah well enough said on that then,  If they said it is "new" information then we should assume that there will be an announcemnt soon or it's wishful thinking on our part. lol  I did consider subscribing to see if they had anything else to say but, as much as I want the info I am not going to pay that much a month. I notice this thread is getting very long maybe we should start a news thread called "Announcement Soon"..lol

Depped wrote
[...]

Depped Depped

Re: Dark Shadows

I assume there will be an announcement soon. Have we come full circle? lol Seriously, it is frustrating like hell especially when you see all the media coverage on the new Buffy reboot, Vampire Diaries, and the rest of the vamps and the DS producers can't or will not throw us a bone. I doubt subscribing right now is a good idea. I actually believe there is no other news to report. We know who the production companies are and it is probably very easy to get their phone numbers and addresses. We know already who is directing, the screenwriter and the main actor. But as far as I know there is no cast etc....It's just an all around bad pr by those companies. Announcement Soon thread sounds ok for me. lol

<quote author="HotnFuzz">

Beatnik Beatnik

Johnny Depp Project News Forum is your one stop resource on Johnny Depp. Checkout our Project News section for the latest news on new projects and upcoming movies. If you are looking to get more In Depth about Johnny Depp and his work then you may like to join in the discussions on our In Depth with Depp Section.  If you are just looking to chill out with other fans then visit our Fan News Network  Want to buy some Johnny Depp Products then checkout our Amazon Store
Depped Depped

Dark Shadows not happening this year

This post was updated on .
According to Mr. Depp the Dark Shadows movie may be filmed next year. It seems the script is still not finished-great job Mr. August and the fact that Tim Burton is still milking his Alice movie. As they say there is always next year.

http://www.collider.com/2009/06/22/johnny-depp-interview-alice-in-wonderland-dark-shadows-and-pirates-of-the-caribbean-4/

You are right. The most important think is that JD is free in the mid or late summer. TRD should be almost finshed.  I think we will hear some good information when Johnny does his press conference and interviews for PE. I mean he will be asked what his next project is going to be etc...The release date is July 1, 2009 in the States and then July 3, in the  UK . So i guess he will be on tour for the first two weeks of July? Either way I am hoping it will be filmed in late July or early August if Timmy is free by then.  But I am really hoping that we hear something about DS way before that. I still blame that Sam Sarkar. I think August will be blogging about that. I mean on Twitter he said he was going to Pixar like a week before he went. We need to follow his Tweets or whatever they call it. lol Tweet out.

After I posted it seems PE will premiere before the US release date of July 1, 2009.
Marion Cotillard’s upcoming film ‘Public Enemies‘ may contrary to rumours not get screened at the Cannes Film Festival but it will get a special world premiere at the 15th Annual Los Angeles Film Festival (June 18-28) ahead of its US release date July 1: it has just been announced that ‘Public Enemies‘ has been selected as Centerpiece Premiere. (source

HotnFuzz wrote
[...]

JDN JDN

Dark Shadows Updates 2010

 Warner Bros Signs Sethe Grahame-Smith

More movement from the Shadows with Depp & Burton's movie adaption of Dark Shadows whether you can see it is a step forward or step back is debatable. The last we heard was from Richard Zanuck  saying the project was very much alive. The script originally was written by John August based on the Dan Curtis-created characters. Now we take another step back as apparently Warner Brothers have signed on Sethe Grahame-Smith who's version of the movie adaption seems to be an entirely new screenplay, rather than just a revision.

Warner Bros. hasn't set a release date for Dark Shadows, but it was included as one of the projects covered in a deal announced in late April between Imax and Warner Bros. Johnny Depp  obtained feature rights to "Dark Shadows" from the estate of Dan Curtis, the producer-director who created the vampire soap opera.

LINK

 Dark Shadows Filming Maybe Delayed Till 2011

We knew there would probably be a slight delay with Dark Shadows due to Johnny last minute decision to take on the Tourist Project early this year. Pirates Of The Caribbean is being filmed June to September and with Johnny still working on the Keith Richards documentary it seemed inevitable that something would be delayed.

    In an Interview with Movieweb producer Richard Zanuck confirmed that Dark Shadows is "still very much alive" and that they are currently still working on the script.  "We expected to do it much earlier, actually before Alice was finished. We must have been intoxicated when we thought that Tim could direct this picture while he was doing the post-production of Alice.  Zanuck went on to say that "It's unlikely, while everybody intends to make the picture, and we're still working on the script and all the rest, it's unlikely that we can start it earlier than the beginning of next year,"

When asked which elements he was hoping to incorporate into the film and if the lead character would still be the vampire Barnabus Collins played by Johnny Depp?  "Well the main character ... yes," answered Zanuck. "But one of the problems we've had with the script is that there are hundreds of episodes of this and boiling it down to an hour and a half or two hour movie with one story has been a real challenge and that's what we are doing now. But it will have all of the elements of the TV show. It won't be high camp, obviously. It won't be spoap opera, which the show was. No, it will be scary, it'll be very funny and it will carry the Tim Burton stamp of uniqueness,"

LINK

 Filming Update On Dark Shadows

In December  we told you that Dark Shadows was on-track confirmed by Graham King. Then there was news reports saying that it would be delayed further. James a very good friend of Johnny Depp  News has given us an update on Dark Shadows. According to The Official DARK SHADOWS Newsletter & News Source The Dark Shadows Movie is on track....

    The "Dark Shadows" feature film finally is heading toward production later this year. It will star longtime DS fan Johnny Depp as "Barnabas."Director Tim Burton has completed the extended post-production of his most recent collaboration with Johnny, Disney's live-action/animated movie adaptation of "Alice In Wonderland." Johnny is starting to film "The Tourist" with Angelina Jolie. Variety 11-6: "Depp would play an American tourist drawn into a web of intrigue by a female Interpol agent (Jolie) who is attempting to locate a criminal who was once her lover."In the meantime, the DS script is being worked on and plans are on target for an expected 2011 release.

For those of you who are huge fans of the Dark Shadow TV Series some of the Dark Shadow stars have passed away. Jean Simmons who appeared in Dark Shadows Revival in 1991 as Elizabeth Collins, Conard Fowkes appeared as Frank Garner 1966/67 and Michael Currie who played Sheriff Jonas Carter 1966. Thanks again to James for keeping us updated on all the DS News and Movie News.

LINK

Since the last topic was getting too long, we decided to split them up.
Owner/Administrator
www.JohnnyDeppNews.Com "Only people who truly understand his art can see who he becomes through his roles".

If you have any questions or need to report abuse then please Post Your Message Here
 If you want to contact either of the administrators privately then email us at jdn@johnnydeppnewsforum.com. If you wish to contact me personally then use the contact link on JohnnyDeppNews.com

RE: Dark Shadows Updates 2010

This post was updated on .
Well at least we are hearing something.

DeppandDance DeppandDance

Re: Dark Shadows Update

I thought the script was being scripted by John August? now i am really confused
"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid".
Deppsister Deppsister

Re: Dark Shadows Update

I don't care who is writing the movie just as long as they make it

Re: Dark Shadows Update

I thought the script was already done and completed?

Re: Dark Shadows Update

It was being scripted by John August but obviously they did not think it was good enough