DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

Depped Depped

Re: Dark Shadows

This post was updated on .
Well many a movie have collapsed at the developmental stage but this project is technically in a pre-production status presumably in a ready to shoot mode. The movie was suppose to start filming this June until Tim got delayed with his beloved Alice movie. Then it was pushed back to August (the month lol) and now the fall. I attended a DS convention last year and we were told that WB wants to do a series of Dark Shadows movies so the first one has to be done real well. I think that is one of the reasons why it has taken so long for this project to get off the ground. Who knows how many rewrites John August had to do before the script was signed off by TPTB. And yes John can talk. He's actually on Twitter and I can't understand half the things he is posting. The casting is next but I am pretty confident that the main characters have been hand selected already. Why do I think Anne Hathaway will play Victoria Winters? Just a guess but she adores Johnny and then there is the TB and JD relationship in Alice with her. While I am typing I am seeing that another post has appeared. You guys type too fast. BTW that is a great book cover! The convention this here is:
http://www.darkshadowsfestival.com/page02.htm

Marlboro wrote
So do you really think that they will start filming in the fall? JDN says they are but like Hotfuzz I am sceptical. I am glad John August done the screenplay for this really like that guy. I also heard that he was in france recently with Tim and Johnny and if that is true then looks like they are planning to film Dark Shadows soon. He was seen carrying the book below which makes me believe that this is homework for Dark Shadows. Thanks for the video by the way, I could listen to that guy talk all day.

(Don't worry JDN its not a picture of Depp, just whats in his pocket).

Depped wrote
We really are operating in the dark here with many variables in play. We don't know when Tim Burton will be done with Alice especially now that he is experimenting with 3D. Will Johnny cave in to WB's request to start the Dark Shadows movie in a more timely manner? Will Johnny even allow another Director to helm the DS movie? What is WB's position on having or not having TB as the movie's director? WB seems to have a high degree of interest in making Dark Shadows a movie franchise so I don't know how long they will wait. WB has already put aside the stage lots for the DS movie for August I believe but that may have been pushed back for the fall. I see your point. I don't see for a second Tim Burton rushing to complete Alice. I personally think that the DS movie will start filming in the fall of this year with or without TB but probably with him. Things would be a lot easier on all of us if WB made some type of announcement regarding this project "soon". I think they are all waiting on Tim and Tim himself probably doesn't know when he will finish Alice. The bottom line is that this is Johnny's baby. JD and his company bought the rights to film the DS movie. If Johnny plays hardball with WB then you may be right and The Lone Ranger may be the next project for JD.
Depped Depped

Re: Dark Shadows

You guys are funny. I agree with all of you.
Depped Depped

Re: Dark Shadows

Johnny's investment in the DS franchise with Warner Brothers is huge considering how lucrative a movie franchise is ie... Lord of the Rings etc... Johnny bought the rights to only film a Dark Shadows movie(s). Many experts in the media think Johnny owns Dark Shadows which is not true. Dan Curtis' family retains all the rights to the Dark Shadows franchise so they too have a big investment in making this happen. If all fails the family can still sell Dark Shadows to another movie company or television network. Of course there will be no Johnny so let us make this work.
<quote author="feeling-lucky">

Dont listen to Hotfuzz he thinks he is a Burton expert... lol There is no way Depp is gonna risk loosing a deal with Warners not even for Tim and I love them working together but if it was my production company I would get it out as planned.

Beatnik Beatnik

Re: Dark Shadows

feeling-lucky wrote
This is no time for Dick measuring flucky and your lucks about to run out   oh and i dont think I am a Burton expert I know I am  and again still waiting on that link.

[...]

Moderator/Member - Contact Beatnik

"Got up and dressed up and went out & got laid. Then died and got buried in a coffin in the grave, Man" -- Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp Project News Forum is your one stop resource on Johnny Depp. Checkout our Project News section for the latest news on new projects and upcoming movies. If you are looking to get more In Depth about Johnny Depp and his work then you may like to join in the discussions on our In Depth with Depp Section.  If you are just looking to chill out with other fans then visit our Fan News Network  Want to buy some Johnny Depp Products then checkout our Amazon Store

Re: Dark Shadows

Wow you know your stuff, thanks for the info. I have a question for you, do you think they will film this in the US? JDN says it will probably be France/England.

[...]

Depped Depped

Re: Dark Shadows

I only know what few bread crumbs they throw at us which is very little, thanks though. As JDN reported here, it will be filmed in Pinewood Studios England. Isn't this where Tim Burton also films? Anybody know?

<quote author="JJ287">

Wow you know your stuff, thanks for the info. I have a question for you, do you think they will film this in the US? JDN says it will probably be France/England.

DeppandDance DeppandDance

Re: Dark Shadows

Thanks for the info Depped and here is my 10cents worth

I don't agree with fuzzy and I think Dark Shadows will film because I think the timing is better for it with all the new vampire flicks coming out. I fear however that if it does get delayed for too long it may end up like Shantaram to a point of a turnaround which keeps pushing it back because of schedules for other movies. Which is exactly what is happening with Shantaram.

Really looking forward to Public Enemies though and If it wasn't for the writers strike we would not be seeing Johnny Depp in PE but instead Shantaram.

[...]
"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid".
Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

Re: Dark Shadows Updates

wow this is a popular thread wish i knew what was going on. So when will this be filmed?
“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
Depped Depped

Re: Dark Shadows

Very true DeppLuv that there is a danger if this project is not filmed this fall as it is now planned (at least at this second). If Tim passes on the movie, shooting could possibly me moved up to August or if he finishes Alice sooner than expected. The writer's strike did not help DS out as well as John August could not begin working on the DS script. I have a feeling Shantarum will not be filmed within the next two years if ever. I think Public Enemies will be a big box office success for Johnny.

<quote author="DeppLuv">

<
Beatnik Beatnik

Johnny Depp Project News Forum is your one stop resource on Johnny Depp. Checkout our Project News section for the latest news on new projects and upcoming movies. If you are looking to get more In Depth about Johnny Depp and his work then you may like to join in the discussions on our In Depth with Depp Section.  If you are just looking to chill out with other fans then visit our Fan News Network  Want to buy some Johnny Depp Products then checkout our Amazon Store
Depped Depped

Re: Dark Shadows

Thanks HotnFuzz for the information. I guess the interior scenes will be filmed at Pinewood and the exteriors ie.... the Dark Shadows mansion, Collinwood, will be filmed in areas in the UK. We need someone at Pinewood to spill the beans. jk

<quote author="HotnFuzz">
He used Pinewood Studios for Sweeney Todd and Charlie and The chocolate Factory. Alice was mainly shot in Cornwell and Devon not sure if they did any filming at Pinwood for that one. I think the CGI stuff is being done in USA. Sleepy Hollow was filmed several areas in the UK and I think Shepperton Studios, Surrey which is part of the Pinewood Group.

<
Beatnik Beatnik

Re: Dark Shadows

JK...

We could either fake a call asking them to confirm our reservation for filming.  Find out if we Know someone who works there. Bite our finger nails for the next couple of months or beat the crap out of Sam Sarker for getting us wound up about DS with the big announcement we are still waiting on... I personally want to beat the crap out of Sam Sarker

There has to be someone out there who know something

Depped wrote

Depped Depped

Beatnik Beatnik

Depped Depped

Snoopy Snoopy

Beatnik Beatnik

Johnny Depp Project News Forum is your one stop resource on Johnny Depp. Checkout our Project News section for the latest news on new projects and upcoming movies. If you are looking to get more In Depth about Johnny Depp and his work then you may like to join in the discussions on our In Depth with Depp Section.  If you are just looking to chill out with other fans then visit our Fan News Network  Want to buy some Johnny Depp Products then checkout our Amazon Store
Depped Depped

Re: Dark Shadows

Oh I am glad HotnFuzz commented already. lol Yes you need to do what a Snoopy by definition does. jk Actually I did send a direct message in Twitter to Johnny's company and SimplyBurton and you know the song "The Sounds of Silence", that was my response. As far as John is concerned, one needs to come up with a post that is filled with riddles and yet asks a question about Dark Shadows. Seriously, I think he only likes the stimulating intellectual posters so Snoopy are you prepared to send John a Dark Shadows question cloaked with pure intelligence? Because I can't. lol Then after that do what HotnFuzz suggested. We eagerly await your findings. I tell you it is getting very frustrating not knowing.

P.S. John August published a comment I sent to his website regarding an interview he did that I don't think anyone knew about. I was surprised he allowed it because these comments need to be approved before it is posted and he has not been approving many if any DS related comments and in fact he does not even list the DS movie on his current project list. I should have said btw is Tim ready yet? http://johnaugust.com/archives/2009/live-interview-tonight  #12

p.s.2
I think I know who number 17 is? lol Good for you. That is what I call team work.
JDN JDN

Re: Dark Shadows

Oh okay i knew I sucked at this..lol thanks for your honesty.
Owner/Administrator
www.JohnnyDeppNews.Com "Only people who truly understand his art can see who he becomes through his roles".

If you have any questions or need to report abuse then please Post Your Message Here
 If you want to contact either of the administrators privately then email us at jdn@johnnydeppnewsforum.com. If you wish to contact me personally then use the contact link on JohnnyDeppNews.com
12345