DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

JDN JDN

DARK SHADOWS FILMING NEWS

Dark Shadows Is currently In Developement.

Release Date: 2012
Director: Tim Burton
Screenplay: Sethe Grahame
Characters: Dan Curtis
Production Companies: Infinitum Nihil & GK Films

Owner/Administrator
www.JohnnyDeppNews.Com "Only people who truly understand his art can see who he becomes through his roles".

If you have any questions or need to report abuse then please Post Your Message Here
 If you want to contact either of the administrators privately then email us at jdn@johnnydeppnewsforum.com. If you wish to contact me personally then use the contact link on JohnnyDeppNews.com
JDN JDN

Dark Shadows Updates 2009

This post was updated on .
 Dark Shadows To Start Filming Fall 2010

According to SciFi Wire  Dark Shadows will start shooting in the fall of 2010. During a roundtable interview for The Young Victoria, Graham King was asked about Dark Shadows he said "We're actually going to shoot that film next September/October with Tim Burton and Johnny,"  "We've been working on the script a lot, even though he's working on Alice," King continued. "We've been given a script. John August wrote the first screenplay. We're making some changes, but the film's going to be in production, as I say, September or October of next year."

LINK

 Frid Offers Advice To Johnny Depp

Thane Burnett, of SUN MEDIA recently Interviewed Jonathan Frid from The original TV Show Dark Shadows. The 85 year old actor now retired spoke about when he first took the role of Barnabas, he was relieved it didn’t immediately air around his home-turf of Hamilton. That meant his friends wouldn’t have to see it. “But suddenly, it took off,” he recalls. “And I was getting 5,000 pieces of (fan mail) every week.” said Frid.

Frid offers some words of wisdom to Johnny Depp “The key (to playing Barnabas) is telling lies with such finesse that the other characters in the story can’t see through them…but of course the audience can. “They are in on everything. Be sure to keep the two groups apart.”  He’s become more comfortable in finding things to like about his vampire but does admit to not really understanding the die-hard fans. And he has no real interest in a cameo in Depp’s Dark Shadows revival. Unless, he quickly adds: “I’m paid a good, hearty stipends.”

LINK

 Tim Burton Dark Shadows Challenge

Tim Burton Briefly talks with MTV about Dark Shadows saying that it's still early days on Dark Shadows, and one of the biggest challenges is to just capture that weird tone of the show," he also mentioned that it's also too early to say if fans can expect a cameo from Jonathan Frid in the up coming film adaption of Dark Shadows. Jonathan played Barnabas Collins in the original TV soap.

For now, the focus is on Burton's unfinished "Alice in Wonderland," which hits theaters in March 2010. As the director reveals in the video below, he hasn't even seen the Caterpillar yet! "Dark Shadows" will come, in due time. But first, we all need to take a trip down the rabbit hole. Source: MTV Blog

LINK

 Tim Burton Confirms Dark Shadows Filming 2010

Tim Burton spoke to MTV confirming Johnny Depps comment said during the “Public Enemies” junket a few weeks ago that Dark Shadows and a fourth Pirates of the Caribbean film to start filming next year.

“That’s something that [Depp and I] both love and are excited about,”  the director told MTV News. “When I’m done with this I’ll definitely focus on that.”   “Shadows” will be based on the ‘60s soap opera of the same name, an ABC daytime TV show that incorporated elements of gothic romance, science fiction and supernatural phenomena like ghosts, zombies and vampires.

Depp will reportedly play vampire Barnabas Collins.  “It’s another challenge because it was such a weird soap opera,” Burton explained. “Part of the energy of it was the tone and weirdness of it. That’s our challenge, to try to capture that vibe.”  That vibe was part campy melodrama, part dead serious—and decidedly odd—storytelling.

Which direction does Burton plan on going?   “It’s always a fine line,” he said. “That remains to be seen. That’s a question and a challenge we talk about a lot. I haven’t arrived at the answer. That’s definitely a main issue, the tone and the vibe of it because as we all know melodrama can cross over. It’s one of the more interesting things about it.”

LINK

Johnny Talks About Dark Shadows

Steve Weintraub of Collider sat down with Johnn Depp in Los Angeles hea asked him at  length about why he wanted to play the role of John Dillinger and what research he did. He also asked him about Dark Shadows a project our community has shown a lot of interest in and so here is what Johnny had to say.

‘Dark Shadows’ is happening. Tim is working on ‘Alice in Wonderland’ which is obviously quite a large piece of work there. So when Tim is done with ‘Alice’ and we get the script, which is very, very close, in order we’ll probably attack it next year. It’s exciting, very exciting. It’s like a lifelong dream for me. I loved the show when I was a kid. I was obsessed with Barnabas Collins. I have photographs of me holding Barnabas Collins posters when I was five or six. I’m very excited to do it.”

LINK

Dizzy Over Dark Shadows

With all the hoopla surronding Dark Shadows filming schedule over the past couple of months I think we are all feeling a little dizzy. Sam Sarker who originally let the cat out of the bag saying Warner Bros will announce something soon during an Interview with MTV, but my definition of soon seems very different from Sarker's.

Then there is IMDB who has it posted that filming will start in the fall but according to Nikki Finke of Deadline Daily Dark Shadows had been postponed and would probably not start filming this year. Now we have another source telling us filming will start summer 2009, which is when it was originally slated to film. My Entertainment World has announced it will start filming Summer 2009.

I am not sure how reliable this information is as it could be that they are using old information but I am assuming they would check before posting. You can view the post @ www.myentertainmentworld.com.

LINK & IMAGES

 Japanese schedule for dark shadows

A Japanese Tim Burton Fan site has published the official Japanese Movie Line up schedule by Warner Bros showing the cinema release of Dark Shadows as winter of 2010. The information from the website mentions that principal photography was scheduled to be done at Pinewood Studios, England. It also seems that their source of information is from Production Weekly. Production weekly which provides the entertainment industry with a comprehensive breakdown of projects in pre-production, preparation, and active development for film and television has Dark Shadows listed in Issue 653. Last month, Sam Sarkar, Infinitum Nihil told MTV that there would be an announcement soon from Warner Bros regarding the project. IMBD has Dark Shadows down for a 2011 release.

LINK & IMAGES

Richard Zanuck talks about Dark Shadows

Tim Burton was as attached to Direct Dark Shadows In June of this year and then during an interview with Tim Burton for Hero Complex Geoff Boucher asked: Is there a plan yet on "Dark Shadows," based on the vampire soap opera, also set to star Depp? "Oh I don't know. Take one at time, you know? It's something I'm interested in of course. Definitely. But I'm going to start shooting this one first!" says Tim Burton In this brief video interview with Haymen & Zanuck, Zunuck talks about “Dark Shadows” with Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub confirming that this is going to be Tim’s next project after “Alice in Wonderland” and they’ll be shooting it next summer in London". Checkout Video Interview Here

LINK

 Tim Burton To Direct Dark Shadows

IESB has exclusively confirmed that Tim Burton is attached to direct along with John August who has been brought in to write the adaptation for Dark Shadows. Althought the rumors have been out for a while now there is still no word on whether Johnny will be playing the Dark Shadow however, as it is Johnny's production company that seems pretty much in the bag. The film is currently in development @ Infinitum-Nihil along with Warner Bros. The film is a feature based on the 60s daytime supernatural TV Show.

LINK

 Warner Bros to Announce Dark Shadows

Sam Sarker of Infinitum Nihil has recently confirmed that Johnny will indeed be starring in the film adaption and that it will soon be going into production. MTV spoke with Sam Sarker about the film production and when it came to those Internet rumors about Tim Burton signing on to direct, though, Sarkar was somewhat more circumspect. “I can neither confirm nor deny that,” he said. “But I know it’s out there in the ether.” While all the pieces are not yet in place, “Dark Shadows” is still very much a go at Warner Bros. “All I can say is that one is very active,” Sarkar said. “The studio will be making some announcements regarding it pretty soon. Very soon, probably.”

LINK

For anyone Interested John August mentions Dark Shadows during a video Interview at the Rancho Mirage Public Library where he mentioned that “Dark Shadows is the next thing that shoots. Johnny’s producing, Tim’s directing and it’s great, it’s going to be so much fun. So we’re just figuring out when we can start shooting – when Tim will be free". You can view the video at John August's website @ johnaugust.com.  Direct link to the video. Thanks to Depped for the info on the Video.

Back in February we mentioned that John August was in France which happened to be the same weekend that Johnny & Tim met up. We guessed that maybe they were all meeting together to talk about Dark Shadows? Anyway here is Johns post about that weekend
titled On Being Here or There

[...]

Re: Dark Shadows

This is gonna be good Johnny as a Vampire...
T-Bag T-Bag

Re: Dark Shadows

i hope his hair is gonna be long in this movie  he looks so f*** hot with long hair
 why so many

Re: Dark Shadows

I dont care he's hot anyway

Re: Dark Shadows

JDN wrote
No known start date. Dark Shadows is based on the Tv show. Tim Burton has been attached to direct and John August is writing the screen play. Johnny is rumored to play Barnabas Collins. What are your thoughts? Leave a comment or ask a question.

*Update 03/19/09 Warner Bros to announce Dark Shadows.

So when is this movie gonna be announced by warners?
JDN JDN

 If you want to contact either of the administrators privately then email us at jdn@johnnydeppnewsforum.com. If you wish to contact me personally then use the contact link on JohnnyDeppNews.com

Re: Dark Shadows

Seems like we have been waiting for this forever, good news though

Snoopy Snoopy

Re: Dark Shadows Updates

Should be a good movie looking forward to more updates on this one
Lilith Moonfae Lilith Moonfae

Re: Dark Shadows Updates

oh i am so excited, i can hardly wait to see Johnny as one of my favourite characters ever! I fell for Barnabas Collins as a very young girl when my mom used to watch the old soap...it caused me to love vampire stories for the rest of my life! and as far as Johnny Depp is concerned, anything he does is a-ok with me.

Re: Dark Shadows Updates

Hoping this will be really soon was supposed to be filming in the fall but it looks like they are getting ready to film the Lone Ranger first. Hope i am wrong cos i love vampire flicks good and bad.lol
JDN JDN

 If you want to contact either of the administrators privately then email us at jdn@johnnydeppnewsforum.com. If you wish to contact me personally then use the contact link on JohnnyDeppNews.com
Depped Depped

Re: Dark Shadows

Hey it's my first Post. It seems that everyone is waiting on Tim Burton to finish his Alice movie. Tim picked a bad time to start experimenting with 3D. John August, the DS screenwriter, posted at his website (johnaugust.com) on 04-27-09, a video discussing his work at the Rancho Mirage Public Library where he said just after the 98 minute mark I believe, “Dark Shadows is the next thing that shoots. Johnny’s producing, Tim’s directing and it’s great, it’s going to be so much fun. So we’re just figuring out when we can start shooting – when Tim will be free". I agree JDN that Sam's definition of "soon" may be a lot different than ours. It seems to me that Johnny is stuck in the middle. WB badly wants to film this movie asap to cash in on the vampire craze and Johnny is not going to tell Tim to hurry up on finishing Alice. I do think that WB should release some news to us about this project.

Re: Dark Shadows Updates

Wow, that really is a long video and to be honest I am really not that Interested in screenplay writing so I will just take your word for it...lol
Beatnik Beatnik

Re: Dark Shadows

Still not convinced this will film next, I know what John August is saying and for him it probably is the next movie to be filmed but for Johnny I think that The Lone Ranger may beat them to the post. I really cannot see them waiting on Tim better to start the next project  that way Tim has more time to finish Alice. As for the announcement I also agree that Sam Sarkers definition of soon is is a lot different than ours. I hope I am wrong because I am a huge fan of Tim Burton and I want to see this film made but i also do not see any point in Tim rushing to complete a film because Warners wants to cash in quicker.

Depped wrote
[...]
Moderator/Member - Contact Beatnik

"Got up and dressed up and went out & got laid. Then died and got buried in a coffin in the grave, Man" -- Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp Project News Forum is your one stop resource on Johnny Depp. Checkout our Project News section for the latest news on new projects and upcoming movies. If you are looking to get more In Depth about Johnny Depp and his work then you may like to join in the discussions on our In Depth with Depp Section.  If you are just looking to chill out with other fans then visit our Fan News Network  Want to buy some Johnny Depp Products then checkout our Amazon Store
Depped Depped

Re: Dark Shadows

We really are operating in the dark here with many variables in play. We don't know when Tim Burton will be done with Alice especially now that he is experimenting with 3D. Will Johnny cave in to WB's request to start the Dark Shadows movie in a more timely manner? Will Johnny even allow another Director to helm the DS movie? What is WB's position on having or not having TB as the movie's director? WB seems to have a high degree of interest in making Dark Shadows a movie franchise so I don't know how long they will wait. WB has already put aside the stage lots for the DS movie for August I believe but that may have been pushed back for the fall. I see your point. I don't see for a second Tim Burton rushing to complete Alice. I personally think that the DS movie will start filming in the fall of this year with or without TB but probably with him. Things would be a lot easier on all of us if WB made some type of announcement regarding this project "soon". I think they are all waiting on Tim and Tim himself probably doesn't know when he will finish Alice. The bottom line is that this is Johnny's baby. JD and his company bought the rights to film the DS movie. If Johnny plays hardball with WB then you may be right and The Lone Ranger may be the next project for JD.
Shadow Shadow

Re: Dark Shadows

So do you really think that they will start filming in the fall? JDN says they are but like Hotfuzz I am sceptical. I am glad John August done the screenplay for this really like that guy. I also heard that he was in france recently with Tim and Johnny and if that is true then looks like they are planning to film Dark Shadows soon. He was seen carrying the book below which makes me believe that this is homework for Dark Shadows. Thanks for the video by the way, I could listen to that guy talk all day.

(Don't worry JDN its not a picture of Depp, just whats in his pocket).

Depped wrote
[...]
"You must acquire the trick of ignoring those who do not like you. In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: The stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years time. The envious, never". Earl of Rochester.

Re: Dark Shadows

I don't agree with that I think it will film before the lone ranger. reasons being is that this is Johnn'ys baby and he more than anybody he wants to start getting out his own productions. He may want Tim to be with him but I don't think he will piss off warners either he kind of needs them right now so with or without Tim I think he will go ahead.

<quote author="HotnFuzz">
Still not convinced this will film next, I know what John August is saying and for him it probably is the next movie to be filmed but for Johnny I think that The Lone Ranger may beat them to the post. I really cannot see them waiting on Tim better to start the next project  that way Tim has more time to finish Alice. As for the announcement I also agree that Sam Sarkers definition of soon is is a lot different than ours. I hope I am wrong because I am a huge fan of Tim Burton and I want to see this film made but i also do not see any point in Tim rushing to complete a film because Warners wants to cash in quicker.

Re: Dark Shadows

OMG marlboro you'll do anything to get round JDN's rules...lol

Re: Dark Shadows

Dont listen to Hotfuzz he thinks he is a Burton expert... lol There is no way Depp is gonna risk loosing a deal with Warners not even for Tim and I love them working together but if it was my production company I would get it out as planned.

Depped wrote