Barnabas Collins

Posted by Kit-Kat Kit-Kat
I never saw the original TV series but i have looked up about the TV series and the book. I am hoping that Johnny will look more like Gary Oldman or Brad Pitt than Jonathan Frid. What do you guys think?

28 Comments

Re: Barnabas Collins

I have a question, why is the guy on the end so old, i though vampires never aged? I hope when they do the movie they won't make johnny as old as this he looks horrid

Re: Barnabas Collins

 what about christopher lee he was a good vampire not the best looking, but was very good.
DeppandDance DeppandDance

Re: Barnabas Collins

 im gonna be sick he is aweful to look at we want johnny to look good at least. Okay your all gonna kill me but i think the best looking vampire is and before i introduce him i never said he was the best actor only the best looking:
"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid".

Re: Barnabas Collins

 Why would you want Johnny to look like that twighlight guy and as for acting your right he sucks

Re: Barnabas Collins

deppluv are you joking Johnny would never want to look like Robert Pattinson . I think he would want to look more like Stuart Townsend and i would rather he looked more like Townsend, as for my favourite vampire it has to be Gary Oldman.

Re: Barnabas Collins

I thought Tom Cruz played Vampire Lestat perfectly, yeah Brad Pitt was pretty but Cruz was the better actor. Dark Shadows is going to have to be different to keep up with all these new vampire movies as for Johnny's look unless he wears a wig his is gonna have short hair for this role especially if it starts filming September.
sherlock sherlock

Re: Barnabas Collins

LOL, Jonathan Frid was younger than Johnny Depp is now when he played Barnabas Collins/Dark Shadows.  You are judging from a grisly photo of Barnabas in bloodlust vs. the other guys just posing pretty.
Jen Jen

Re: Barnabas Collins

Don't be so sensitive it is just a bit of fun
Supersongbird Supersongbird

Re: Barnabas Collins

Yes, he was that age when he became a vampire. Exactly the same age as Depp is now-maybe even a few years younger. You are forgetting that even Depp ages. 21 jump street was a long time ago!
Barnabas is absolutely nothing like Dracula but a lot like Louis (Brad Pitt's character) even though he doesn't look like that. (Then again who does?) :)
I am a HUGE DS fan and if you have never seen it you don't understand how great Jonathan Frid is. While he does not have Johnny's gorgeous looks, he has an unmatchable charisma that makes his Barnabas Collins a lovable and powerful character. He is such a great actor that you cannot help sympathizing with him and loving him.  I know Johnny will play Barnabas his own way but he must try and somehow capture a little bit of Frid's portrayal to pull it off. If it were anyone else other than Depp attempting this role, I'd be very worried!
I recommend to all that are looking forward to this film and have not seen the series start watching now on DVD. You'll see what I mean!
Ray Ray

Re: Barnabas Collins

That Vastly popular tv show has already been books audio cd's as well as 2 MGM Theatre movies, and could have been a 3rd but Dan Curtis turned MGM down for a 3rd movie. Yes, for A new version to be a SUCCESS Johnny and TIM have to stay close to the Real story and characters or it will be just another cartoon version of the real thing!  Johnny is a GOOD actor and he was a HUGE Fan of DS (the tv show) and of BARNABAS so I feel he will give all us LONG time Fans (over 40 years) the character and story we expect.
Coco Coco

Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins

I am really looking forward to Dark Shadows. I saw this picture in project news and loved it so much that I think this would be a great look for Johnny as Barnabas Collins.
Coco Coco

Re: Barnabas Collins

I agree about the characters but they still have to update the movie for today's audience or no one is going to go see it except Dark Shadow Fans.

Re: Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins

Sure this has been posted elsewhere  anyway that is a great look but knowing Burton he will be as white as a sheet.
Ash Ash

Re: Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins

I can imagine him like this playing Barnabas :)
PirateAngeline PirateAngeline

Re: Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins

A vampire is supposed to be pale but the problem with this adaption is the look Burton is going to use. I agree this is a great look and will almost assuredly create a huge fan base but knowing Burton he will have his own crazy ideas. The picture below is also a good look but again probably not what burton is looking for.

Another issue they will come across with this adaption will be Dark Shadow Fans because they are hoping this will be an exact replica of Frid and cast but WB wants a blockbuster so they are going to have to update Dark Shadows for today's audience.

<quote>
Lala61 wrote
 It was posted in Project News here
Sure this has been posted elsewhere  anyway that is a great look but knowing Burton he will be as white as a sheet.
FamilyMatters FamilyMatters

Re: Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins

I like both these pictures but thinking this one is more suited to the period the story is based.

Coco wrote

I am really looking forward to Dark Shadows. I saw this picture in project news and loved it so much that I think this would be a great look for Johnny as Barnabas Collins.
“There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love."

Re: Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins

Here we go again..  with the best Vampire look for Johnny

Re: Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins

It doesn't matter how many times we go over the look he will have as Barnabas, we all know that Burton will do the opposite.
Kitty Kitty

Re: Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins

Johnny is gonna be so hot as a vampire. :)
Mandy. M Mandy. M

Re: Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins

This is going to be the best vampire movie ever especially with Johnny Depp as Barnabas, :)